Thread: How may adsense channels?

Your average angry alien dc dalton's Avatar

How may adsense channels?

I was wondering, is there a limit (or suggested limit) of adsense channels? Im putting up quite a few sites and dont want to trigger any adsense "alarms"

You can use upto 200 channels. I have never heard of an alarm if you use 'too many'.

Thanks Moon, Im new to this end of the internet (a programmer by trade) so I just wanted to be sure before I screwed up!

Always like to know before I enter "uncharted waters" just to be sure!

So what if you have over 200 sites, how can you keep track then?

I'm pretty sure premium adsense publishers have more channels to use. So if you have 200 sites chances are you are going to have enough pageviews for that. Although I use like 15 channels per website so I'd run out much faster.

Not that blue at all Blue Cat Buxton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender963
    I'm pretty sure premium adsense publishers have more channels to use. So if you have 200 sites chances are you are going to have enough pageviews for that. Although I use like 15 channels per website so I'd run out much faster.
    That sounds like a lot of analysis youre doing on each site?

Yeah I'm trying to get the very most out of each site. I guess after I get it optimized to my liking I can cut back on channels. Especially with my forums I like to have a lot of channels because with such a crappy CTR on forums you really have to optimize.

KYle

Although I use like 15 channels per website so I'd run out much faster.
    OK, Excuse me for being stupid here but why would you want to do this?

Simply for optimization reasons. I have various different sections on my website that all have different designs/layouts which all perform different for different ad placements and types. By using a channel per layout/design I can see what performs the best.

Same with my forum, there are different locations, and different pages where each performs better a certain way. This way you just get more detailed traffic details, ctr, etc.....

Registered
    The max is 200 channels and no alarms will be sounded if you reach that as all you are doing is tracking your sites performance.

I guess if you are earning a good amount with them then you could always ask how you could get some more channels.
    Affiliate Programs Directory - Over 2,000 Programs - Contextual Ads, Datafeeds, 2-tier, plus more
    -----> 140+ CPA Affiliate Networks | Earn upto $1.20 CPM on Banners | Play Online Games

Simply for optimization reasons. I have various different sections on my website that all have different designs/layouts which all perform different for different ad placements and types. By using a channel per layout/design I can see what performs the best.
    Same here. I use around 50 channels for my environmental chemistry site. I track ads based on position, topic area, and writer. I use a systematic method for naming channels so that I can crunch stats any way I want. For instance
    one of my channels is "EC/A: Roberta-Enviro #2". The "EC" is used to denote which site the channel is for. The "/A: Roberta" is used to denote it is an author and their name. The "-Enviro" is used to denote the topic area and the "#2" is used to denote the ad postion. All of this information allows me to really track AdSense performance, tune my ads and know what types of topics to focus my article buying on based on my ROI.

Chris could be doing something similar to keep track of what he owes writers for contributing articles to his site.
    Ken Barbalace - EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Environmental Careers, Blog)
    InternetSAR.org: Volunteers Assisting Search and Rescue via the Internet
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space