Thread: Remember this thread?

Remember this thread?

All of you cross overs should remember this thread.

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329491

I guess after all that nothing really came of it. However, I think that many of the people I wanted posting in such a section have started visiting here to which I purpose that we do something similiar here.

I don't think it needs a new section since this forum section should be fine since it covers most aspects of programming anyway.

The two things I would want to get out of this would be high level design discussion and practical design discussion. I feel the PAD had more of the former. This forum allows us access to people who have successful websites and have come across design issues (not just in theory) and have implemented the anwsers in practical ways. And we can visually see the implementation unlike PAD.

Thoughts?

Of course I remember that thread and Im still bugging the crap out of them over there about it. I promise I won't let it die. This is something that I'm passionate about and seeing so many people interested in it just increased my drive to make it happen.

Registered
    You have to escape out the & . Replace it with &

Registered
    I'd be interested in this myself (one of those crossovers who recalls that thread). I've always been intrigued by the fact that there is the theory of how things should be done but never any examples of how that theory translates thru the implementation of code and underlying infrastructure. Half the time I talk to people I feel like I'm talking to a computer salesperson who only knows a bunch of buzzwords about the computer but has no idea how to turn it on and use it. When I say, "great, let's implement that..." it doesn't follow thru because the theory seems more like an urban myth then a practicality (or so it has in my experiences).