Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SitePoint PR disaster continues!

Registered
    There are better ways to do it, you can limit the amount of posts that members can make, Sitepoint has a plan to extract as much money per member as possible!

That is the reason that signatures were taken down, to force members to buy advertising in their marketplace!

Quote Originally Posted by FPU
    There are better ways to do it, you can limit the amount of posts that members can make, Sitepoint has a plan to extract as much money per member as possible!

That is the reason that signatures were taken down, to force members to buy advertising in their marketplace!
    1. Sitepoint is the business of making money.
    2. Why would this force members to buy advertising? 90% of forum poster don't use forums to advertise there site. Thats not why forums exist and thats not why people post on them.

There are better ways to do it, you can limit the amount of posts that members can make,
    SitePoint is a business and they are trying to generate revenue. Being able to posting stuff in the marketplace is obviously in high demand. Since people who posts stuff in the marketplace, are doing such to make money, it only makes sense for the entity hosting the marketplace also be able to make money from hosting the marketplace.

Sitepoint has a plan to extract as much money per member as possible!
    Of course they do SitePoint is a business. The purpose of a business is to earn profits.

I don't think this was the reason. I think the reason was to prevent PR bleed. I didn't like that SP turned off sigs for guests, but it was within their rights to do this.

If SPF members don't like SP's policies, they are free to find other forums that offer similiar services with more agreeable policies. I'm sure Chris would be more than happy to welcome those members here.
    Ken Barbalace - EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Environmental Careers, Blog)
    InternetSAR.org: Volunteers Assisting Search and Rescue via the Internet
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space

Registered
    That is a big lie, PR loss can be eliminated if it is even a factor by no follow tags, that is what destroyed SEO Chat, I guess Sitepoint managers are just as bad as SEO Chat administration!

That is a big lie, PR loss can be eliminated if it is even a factor by no follow tags, that is what destroyed SEO Chat, I guess Sitepoint managers are just as bad as SEO Chat administration!
    Except nobody cares about PR loss. Like I have said many times. People don't post on forums to get backlinks. Some do but they often have little to contribute. Like that guy who just posts news. Thats not a forum I want to belong to. SEOChat might be different because its all about SEO.

Furthermore, Sitepoint has had that policy for along time now, so its not like they lost it, it's more like they never got it.

Registered
    Signatures may not be important to you, but to the majority they are and they don't post on forums that are content stealing criminals like Sitepoint is!

Signatures may not be important to you, but to the majority they are and they don't post on forums that are content stealing criminals like Sitepoint is!
    1. The majority does not care.
    2. How are they stealing content? Your freely posting there. Nobody is forcing you to. I suppose what you mean is that your not getting things back like backlinks. But again thats not a reason to post. You post to give knowledge, share knowledge and be apart of a community all of which I give and getback from posting. Backlinks are perks. They have nothing to do with the means of posting on a forum.

Registered
    Right, we have put up polls within threads asking members what they think, some of them are as high as 90% saying that forums should run signatures for guests, I guess that shoots your statements into a dark hole big time!

90% of what? two people? Show me these polls.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy
    90% of what? two people? Show me these polls.

http://www.adminfusion.com/forums/sh...?t=1588&page=2

We are not all brainwashed Sitepoint flunkies out here man!

1. 26 people is meaningless.
    2. Your poll is vague. Of course people feel it is important. As do I. The question should would you leave, boycott, call evil and make fun of a forum if a forum did not have signatures on?
    3. Did you even read the replys? Most people agreed with me that content matters gmore then the backlinks. And while it suck that a perk is gone, none of them showed signs that they would get as angry as you.

Registered
    Really?

http://www.forumpostersunion.com/sho...22&postcount=2

See the above, it shows that Sitepoint is not the only forum that took down signatures to guest view, we got two of them to put them back up after we put heat on them!

So you should support what is right, not the side you are on with content criminals at this time!

Which two?

Registered
    Read the threads, one forum is vBwebmaster!

The other one is filled with administration that are complete frauds that I will not give any publicity to!

Anthony - they have no obligation to allow you signatures at all.

Where is the site TOS does it say they do?

If when you sign up to the forum it said 'in return for posting on the forums you will be provided with a signature in which you can place links to your sites' - then it would be theft.

As it is, they can do what they want, and I think most people understand that.