Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: SitePoint PR disaster continues!

Registered

Exclamation SitePoint PR disaster continues!

Sitepoint can't do anything right, they have ruined themselves in the marketplace and this is not the only forum that is discussing the Titanic disaster we call Sitepoint.

Chris is lucky that his association ended with these guys, they suck more everyday!

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=65886

The tide has turned on Sitepoint, as I have mentioned, unless the founders address this community instead of hiding like cowards I expect things to get much worse for them!

That's not really fair anthony ~ they are charging for a service.

If people don't want to pay then that's their choice, but you can't blame them for wanting to make money out of their business.

It is a business afterall.

Registered
    I did not start the thread SE, I have other issues with Sitepoint management like them taking signatures down to guest view so they can sell advertising to members in their market place!

Do you think it is fair for a forum owner to steal content from those that create it, the authors of the threads that are the main assets of any forum?

I did not start the thread SE, I have other issues with Sitepoint management like them taking signatures down to guest view so they can sell advertising to members in their market place!
    I'm not going to get involved with the rest of it because I don't think that complaining about it will help anything.

All I will say is that they are running a business and it's pretty much up to them how they want to make money out of it.

If people don't like how they do it, they'll go elsewhere.

Frankly if someone posting a job can't afford a measly ten bucks, I'd be VERY worried about working for them.

And I know you didn't start that thread.

Registered
    The larger question in all this is how Sitepoint administrators come up with idiotic policy???

They must sit around all day long thinking about how they can suck more blood out of each member!

PS: I think they need a Public Relations firm at this point because they really don't know what the hell they are doing!

Maybe their hope is to kill off the looking to hire forum. Arguably it isn't a core function for SPF. I do think that SPF has become overwhelmed by newbies as was pointed out in the digitalpoint thread. From SP's perspective this might be desirably because they are the ones who most need to buy SP's books. People who know what they are doing don't need to buy SP's books. So from a business perspective what SP is doing might be a smart business move even if it isn't good for the SPF community.
    Ken Barbalace - EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Environmental Careers, Blog)
    InternetSAR.org: Volunteers Assisting Search and Rescue via the Internet
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space

Registered
    Chris got out at the right time for sure!

They did him a major favor, he will look back at it as a gift from God.

Quote Originally Posted by KLB
    Maybe their hope is to kill off the looking to hire forum. Arguably it isn't a core function for SPF. I do think that SPF has become overwhelmed by newbies as was pointed out in the digitalpoint thread. From SP's perspective this might be desirably because they are the ones who most need to buy SP's books. People who know what they are doing don't need to buy SP's books. So from a business perspective what SP is doing might be a smart business move even if it isn't good for the SPF community.
    Thats my impression as well. That section was a mess most of the time. I think they just decided that they would try to make some money while decreasing its profile significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by FPU
    The tide has turned on Sitepoint, as I have mentioned, unless the founders address this community instead of hiding like cowards I expect things to get much worse for them!
    Here we go with the drama.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagewing
    Here we go with the drama.
    Funny, I am not the one hurting Sitepoint, it is their own management and their lack of communication with the community!

Funny, I am not the one hurting Sitepoint, it is their own management and their lack of communication with the community!
    Well, I'm a member of the community and I think it was a wise move.

Registered
    Sort of like taking signatures down to guest view so they could sell more listings and advertising was......

Why shouldn't they?

Sort of like taking signatures down to guest view so they could sell more listings and advertising was......
    Don't see the harm. I didn't post there to get backlinks. Thats not the point of forums.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy
    Well, I'm a member of the community and I think it was a wise move.
    I'd probably have to agree with this. Marketplace type stuff is really a distraction from SPF primary mission and the marketplace was really getting out of control. To me it makes perfect sense to put fees on marketplace activities.
    Ken Barbalace - EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Environmental Careers, Blog)
    InternetSAR.org: Volunteers Assisting Search and Rescue via the Internet
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space