Thread: Turnkey websites - worth buying close to domain registraiton cost?

Registered

Turnkey websites - worth buying close to domain registration cost?

hey folks!

wasn't sure where else to post this so i've put it here.

can someone tell me if there are any pro's/con's in buying turnkey websites? are they worth it if you're paying not much more then around the price of the domain name registration?
    Last edited by jacob; 03-13-2006 at 05:15 PM. Reason: typo!

Registered
    What is the risk?

The price of hosting them is all you can lose and the effort of moving them!

Turnkey are only really worth the domain name.

Hmm, my turnkey amazon sites earned me almost £3k last year (around 4 sites, perhaps). Not huge bucks, but more than they cost to register and host
    Stepping On Wires - the new blog

Registered
    I've done more research into these since my post (had just heard about them that day).

I'm not feeling overly confident in forking over money for a membership when their demo's don't work. Has anyone had success in using these turnkey scripts? I'm a programmer myself but having to program everything had me so bogged down with the mass amounts of ideas I have and domains registered that I can't keep up and need something to help me pump these sites out faster until I can develop the code myself.

Chronic Entrepreneur
    I haven't used any of these turnkey sites myself, but many of the ones I've looked at aren't very search engine friendly. Look out for session id's in the urls, and if the site comes pre-loaded with articles or other content be aware that there will be tons of other sites out there with the same content and search engines may penalize you for that.

Registered
    If you are talking turnkey sites designed for ADSENSE where you buy 100 sites for $90.00 they are good for guys that drive traffic with Black Hat tactics, linking in from reciprocal link directories and automated link co-op's, but if you want them to rank long term they suck!