Thread: photoshop batch - resizing a couple of images

photoshop batch - resizing a couple of images

Heyas,

I remember reading some stuff about "batch process" that makes life easier when you want to do repeated actions in photoshop, but never got much into it. Since this is the first post at WSP about this, maybe some people can give some examples and how-to's.

In my case, I've got a set of images and want to reduce the dimension of all, by having the maximum weight at 400px. Anyone care to give a hand?

PS - don't say google it, the info is suppose to serve other memebers as well
    Last edited by ket; 03-06-2006 at 08:47 PM.

Sean
    I've never used the PS batch, I just use a macro progarm when I have to do things more than once... it's easier for me because I'm used to it.

From what I can tell, you first have to make an action that does this: "reduce and put the maximum weight at 400px". You make actions by going to actions (Alt + F9 if your hotkeys work like mine don't) and new action. Then you choose a name for the action and put it in a set. Hit "record" and start recording what you want to do to each image.

Then you go to file / automate / batch and select the action you just made, the directory of the images for source, and the destination directory. I'd use a different destination directory from the source incase your images get messed up for some reason... a lot easier to delete the new directory than restore all the images (if they are restorable).

When it starts, it will apply the action to all the images in the directory and save them into the new directory.

Hope this helps.

OK, I'll try that and get back to you later on.

Thanks.

Seans spot on - I use it quite often... just couldn't put it into words as good as Sean, actually I was finding it hard to put into words althogther.

Just remeber to tick Overide "Open" and "Save as" commands... although I think these are ticked as default.

Other than that - I usually copy some images (4 will do) in a new folder and test my new actions settings with the batch process command these until I have the results I want.
    I Do Website Design - but I am here to learn all about publishing