Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is your head spinning with all these posts?

Is your head spinning with all these posts?

OMG, I have made and read so many posts in the past two days in these forums, my head is about to explode! It is great to see so many people coming over here, and I've never replied to so many introduction threads in all my life. I am so looking forward to some really meaty discussions on web publishing, advertising and of course ad-blocking.

I think there are some good times ahead for us here.
    Ken Barbalace - EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Environmental Careers, Blog)
    InternetSAR.org: Volunteers Assisting Search and Rescue via the Internet
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space

I am having trouble keeping up.

Good thing it's the weekend and I have a couple of days off from work to regroup.

I just noticed I have 156 posts (er make that 157 now). In what three days? Stymiee and lo0ol will never catch up at this rate.
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space

Quote Originally Posted by KLB
    I just noticed I have 156 posts (er make that 157 now). In what three days? Stymiee and lo0ol will never catch up at this rate.
    Don't get me started...
    John Conde :: brainyminds
    Merchant Account Services -- Merchant Services Resources
    IT'S HERE: Integrate the Authorize.net Payment Gateway with PHP
    Everything you need to integrate Authorize.net into your website with PHP. Includes an explanation of how transactions work, validating credit cards, and the source code for free.

Quote Originally Posted by stymiee
    Don't get me started...
    I'm throwing down the gauntlet! Do you have what it takes to catch me in post count?

Yeah, the posts here are getting out of control. A few weeks ago you could check it every other day and be fine...now if you're not checking it every hour you're screwed!

It's nice to see everything growing though.

Yeah, I used to check it every 3 days and be able to reply to good threads. Now I check it every hour and there are more threads than there are every 3 days before Chris's departure.

Well Ben, I'm hoping there is a critical mass building here that will result in good discussions on a constant basis.

Yea, the big irony here is that Sitepoint giving Chris the unceremonious boot is probably going to end up being the best thing ever for websitepublisher.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter T Davis
    Yea, the big irony here is that Sitepoint giving Chris the unceremonious boot is probably going to end up being the best thing ever for websitepublisher.net.
    Exactly! I haven't been really happy at SPF for some time now, but it was too comfortable to look elsewhere. This incident caused me to look where I could continue to benefit from Chris' wisdom and that lead me here and I discovered what a gold mine it is. Think how many of us would have never known about this forum if it weren't for SP's actions.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but Ken if you haven't been happy at SPF for some time why did you accept the nomination to be a mentor?

Well Ben, I'm hoping there is a critical mass building here that will result in good discussions on a constant basis.
    I hope so too. I think Chris new this was going to happen, he had WSP all set up

Yes, I wonder what will happen once we get passed all of the Introduction threads. We may have a problem in having so many "answer people" here and not enough people asking questions.

Total Posts: 160 (52.25 posts per day)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter T Davis
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but Ken if you haven't been happy at SPF for some time why did you accept the nomination to be a mentor?
    I'm an optimist by nature and I thought maybe I could make a difference in the long run. I wasn't happy but I wanted to make it better. It was pretty humbling to be invited in with such enthusiasm. Besides, Chris, Stymiee and Mattais (sp) were going to be on my team. These are three of the people I respected most. After I was promoted, Mattais left and Chris was booted off. It kind of sucked the last of my spirit out.