Thread: Newsletter Advertising

Newsletter Advertising

I've had a search and while I can see threads on getting subsribers for a newsletter I can't find anything on advertising in a newsletter.

I've had my first element of success in that I've been asked if I accept text line adverts in my newsletter. Is there any advice available on pricing and layout etc. for newsletter text adverts? The only ones I have seen are from web marketing today at $150 to over 100K subsribers. Which means my is worth nothing as I've inherited a very small subsciber list (a few hundred) but it is growing.

Advice appreciated and as always thanks in advance.
    Jeremy
    Children Webmag - Child Care Articles
    Dunstable.tv - Just Dunstable
    Rugged Rhino - Web Marketing & Web Design, Dunstable

Well, it seems to me that someone thinks your newsletter is valuable enough to them to ask if you accept advertisements. I wouldn't know what you should charge but if they are willing to ask you then they are at least willing to pay something. Meaning that your worth is at least something, not nothing. Maybe you could try to work with them a little and see what they are willing to pay. Leave it open for you to increase your price when your subscriber base increases though.
    Strangest-Facts
    Domains for Sale (PM me with offers)
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Website Developer
    The number of subscribers isn't a very good measurement, its the number and quality of subscribers. I had a big list of some b2b publishers that did e-mail marketing and some charge up to $400 CPM for mailing. These are high quality business leads that could result in millions of dollars of sales, but I'm giving it to you as an example.

Since only have a few hundred subscribers I would try to sell multiple mailings all at once for say $200.

You also should doublt check that everything is CAN SPAM compliant because thats probably qualifies as a commercial mailing.
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog