Thread: Searching for Myself

Searching for Myself

I decided to searhc SitePoint and see what threads mentioning me I missed. I'll post funny ones.

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...&postcount=101
    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...88&postcount=1
    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...11&postcount=7
    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...69&postcount=1

For the record, Charmed is a TV show.

Edit: I really need to keep up with general chat more often. I spend (probably spent now) too much time in the management forums.
    Last edited by charmedlover; 03-02-2006 at 09:30 PM.

I like the uptight guy calling your name inappropriate in the last one. That just strikes me as someone who feels that he must take a stand on something at least three times daily.
    Strangest-Facts
    Domains for Sale (PM me with offers)
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

So I did a brief search for my self over at SP and didn't find anything too interesting. I guess it takes a little digging.
    Ken Barbalace - EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Environmental Careers, Blog)
    InternetSAR.org: Volunteers Assisting Search and Rescue via the Internet
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space

Hello

Yes I remember when that last one was posted.

I could not figure out how he got "satanic sex magic" from it. Maybe I am a bit slow, but that was not my perception of you username at all.

Is that what you had in mind?

For the record, Charmed is a TV show.
    I also posted in that thread, even though it's over a year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    I like the uptight guy calling your name inappropriate in the last one. That just strikes me as someone who feels that he must take a stand on something at least three times daily.
    That was a joke. You see, charmedlover once made a comment on the design blog because Corrie used a 9/11 memorial style image, about how the image was meant to fuel emotion or something like that. The guy was making a joke based on charmedlover's name in the same fashion. You had to be there :\
    Vinnie Garcia - Web designer, programmer, pastry chef
    IBeBloggin' - a web design blog
    Web 2.Oh! (BETA) - laugh at the tag clouds
    Rails Forum (BETA) - Learn about Ruby on Rails

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie
    That was a joke. You see, charmedlover once made a comment on the design blog because Corrie used a 9/11 memorial style image, about how the image was meant to fuel emotion or something like that. The guy was making a joke based on charmedlover's name in the same fashion. You had to be there :\
    I read that thread. I especially liked the part about how peculiar it was that there was so much tolerance of charmedlover's offensive name. I was going to reply that I found it peculiar that there was so much tolerance of thin-skinned people (but of course I'm too nice to do that anyway! )

Good thing I read to the bottom!

I myself didn't notice that was what it was about until now. I do remember making a comment about it, however I have my reasons. If you'll read some of my recent post on this forum you'll see that I'm a grammar nut for anything that is formally published, and I dislike the use of slang in titles.

However, I never thought that my name implied anything inappropriate and I did not realize that the comment was that controversial.

Plus I didn't read General Chat at the time and I was never there to really defend myself.

That makes a lot more sense then. I didn't think anyone could be that uptight about things like that. Well, let me rephrase, there are people that uptight about things like that but I doubt you would find them on a web publisher forum.
    Strangest-Facts
    Domains for Sale (PM me with offers)
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17