Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting Viral

Website Developer
    Thats a good idea. I wish I remembered where I read this (I keep up with about 50 blogs a day) but someone said you should be constantly sending out press releases. Its cheap and you never know when one will hit the right point. Look at it as a larger strategy rather than a one shot thing.

Hey KLB, here is an interesting story I just read that was linked to on the Drudge Report:
    http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...SHI.xml&rpc=22

The main reference of the story is gotmercury.org. I stopped by there and they have a mercury calculator where you input your weight, type of fish, and ounces of fish eaten in a week and it gives you feedback based on the EPA levels. I think thats a pretty good example of viral marketing as it relates to environmental chemistry. It might not work so well on your site specifically, but I think it might give you some ideas.
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

I actually have three articles on mercury on my site. Two are about the sources of mercury pollution and one is on mercury in fish. I also have an article about PCBs in our food supply.

Sometimes to get an article picked up takes dumb luck or outlandish claims. Nothing like spreading fear to get attention. I try, however, to avoid spreading irresponsible fear. I leave the overblown drama to regular news outlets and have my writers dig for the truth behind the matter. Tomorrow I'm publishing an article on percholorethylene, a commonly used dry-cleaning chemical, that happens to be toxic. At the end of the month I should be publishing an article on the toxic nature of Teflon.

Teflon has been in the news a lot lately, but the articles aren't really digging deep into the matter, they just keep repeating what others are saying without locating and verifying the original reference sources. My writer for this article is trying to track down the original sources to verify what is true and what isn't. That article should be very interesting and might make you consider ditching that non-stick pan of yours for a good old cast iron pan.
    Ken Barbalace - EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Environmental Careers, Blog)
    InternetSAR.org: Volunteers Assisting Search and Rescue via the Internet
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space