Thread: Template Storm - New Design

Template Storm - New Design

Hi all,

I have just uploaded Template Storm's new design, and I would appreciate it if you gave me your views on the design, search engine tips for it etc...

The URL is www.templatestorm.com

Thanks a lot,
    Mike
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

Site Contributor
    Too white for me.

I'm also assuming that dropdown is search engine friendly, because if it ain't boy -- you deserve a whoopin.

It's alright. I would give the background colour, surrounding the main box of the site, a slight tint or something.

I would also make the dropdown much more prominent, as that's your user's doorway to the whole site. They should know that that's their next step, instantly. Unfortunately, because you're using a form and javascript for the navigation, it is not search engine friendly at all.

I've allways wondered if there's actually anyone making money of those templatemonster resellers. ( don't worry I won't start one if you do )
    Percept | Webdesign | Desk02 | 7962154zz8x

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

About the form... In past months I have been posting asking about it, and Chris advised me to use <noscript> tags for search engines. Also, what do you think I should do with it to get the visitors attention more? Use some CSS to make it a little more attractive? Any other ideas?

Not sure what to put as the background colour, i'll have a look at a few tinted blues next week.

About TemplateMonster affiliates making a lot of money... I didn't think they would when I first signed up, and just thought it would bring me a nice bit of cash to put towards other sites. However, I've found out that quite a few are making over $1000, and one or two making over $10,000. Perhaps a little ambitious for me, but least I know that it is possible to earn a lot

Thanks for the advice so far,
    Mike

Ermmm... Not sure, Maybe make the top section of that box, where the dropdown sits, a striking colour. Something like this perhaps...

http://www.chrosys.com/tempstorm.jpg

Originally posted by chromate
    Ermmm... Not sure, Maybe make the top section of that box, where the dropdown sits, a striking colour. Something like this perhaps...

http://www.chrosys.com/tempstorm.jpg
    I think that's a great suggestion. Green, orange, ... any light "funky" color will do in my opinion.
    Percept | Webdesign | Desk02 | 7962154zz8x

I make out pretty good with my TM site. About $200.00 profit in the first 3 months of opperation....

Mike,
    I really like the right side panel, it really sticks out... I can't really see the text though...

Thanks for all the feedback...

Chromate... Could you tell me how you did the top bit of the right side bar? I can't seem to do it very well in Photoshop. Good idea, and I will use that and a different colour.

Thanks again,
    Mike