Thread: Computer seems to be louder than normal

Computer seems to be louder than normal

Here lately I've been noticing my computer being a little louder than normal. It almost sounds like the fan is blowing harder or the computer is working harder. I have no spyware or anything like that on the computer and everything still runs fast as it did when I got it, it just seems louder. Could this be an issue or maybe i just didn't notice it being this loud before? Don't get me wrong, it doesn't sounds like a running car or anything, but it is noticable. lol.

I notice that a lot of time it really gets going when I have about 8 or more tabs open in FireFox.

If it's the power supply fan that's getting louder, just replace the power supply. A small, inexpensive job.
    Stepping On Wires - the new blog

- The fans might need replacing (CPU, case and Power supply)
    - Could be dust in them
    - could be a wire touching the fan

I doubt it has anything to do with firefox though!

Cool, thanks.

Like right now, it's fine. Cannot even hear it running. But I guess maybe it's just happens that way that when I have a lot of tabs open in firefox it starts getting louder. lol.

Keep Task Manager running in the background, then when you notice it running louder, you can check what the CPU has been doing to see if its just the temperature senistive fans running faster.

Quote Originally Posted by r2d2
    Keep Task Manager running in the background, then when you notice it running louder, you can check what the CPU has been doing to see if its just the temperature senistive fans running faster.

Well it did it again last night. Normally when everything is calm and I bring up the Task Manager my CPU Usage jumps back and forth between like 1% and %8. When it starts getting loud I bring it up and its going from like %20 to %40 percent. So it's deffinitely taking up memory and making the computer run harder I suppose. I just had a bunch of my friends MySpace pages open in different tabs last night and it got louder. I guess maybe because each page either had some sort of video or music playing maying it a larger site. At any rate it's not a huge deal cause the computer still runs fine, just something I was curious about.

Thanks again