Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review: SearchFeed & RevenuePilot

Review: SearchFeed & RevenuePilot

Google Adsense is great, but its not the perfect program for publishers wishing to get in on some of the PPC action. The reason it isn’t perfect is primarily the fact that Google cannot perfectly target ads to your visitors, only to your content. Your visitor’s desires and your site’s content do not always match perfectly.

There are other similar programs though, two of which are SearchFeed and RevenuePilot. These programs both allow you to specify the keywords that you wish to advertise or link to and thus you can achieve greater targeting than you can with Adsense. This of course assumes you know your visitors well enough to target ads to their desires.

Both programs offer basic banner and text link creatives, though RevenuePilot offers more default sizes, SearchFeed is flexible and can allow you to generate just about any size you need. Both programs allow you to specify groups of words that are then listed in a list format in the creative which you place on your site. A user who clicks on the one of the links is transported to search results for that keyword. With SearchFeed those search results are hosted on your site and loaded with some Javascript (or XML) and so you can quite handily integrate them into your site design, RevenuePilot can achieve this same feature with an XML feed – but it is more difficult to implement. With both programs though you do not actually make any money until a user clicks on a search result – so you make nothing for people simply searching, they need to click on a listing.

SearchFeed and RevenuePilot both allow you to simply link to the search results or to include a search form on your site. This allows you to do in context advertising – which is another thing Google cannot do. So instead of taking up valuable banner space with these ads, you can simply use text links within your content. For instance in an article about web hosting you could link the word “web hosting” to a result set. When implemented in this manner these programs are creating additional income. In other words you don’t need to take up banner impressions from another program so any income gained from these programs can be in addition to what you already make.

SearchFeed starts you out at 65% commission, but you can negotiate down to 50% commission. RevenuePilot takes 40% commission. So in this area RevenuePilot is the winner. However, SearchFeed seems to have higher paying listings on the keywords I selected and the ability to easily integrate results into my site’s design. I have been paid by both programs, RevenuePilot’s terms are “less than net 60” with a minimum payout of $50, and SearchFeed’s are net 20 with a minimum payout of $25.

Both services have referral programs as well. SearchFeed grants you 2-5% revenue share for publishers you refer and 5-7% of the initial deposit for advertisers you refer. RevenuePilot offers a 10% referral fee for publishers. Though I should warn you that you should not expect to make large amounts of money with referral fees. Referral programs like this are great for additional small amounts of income, but most people who go into such programs hoping for huge gains usually end up disappointed.

All in all I have to recommend both RevenuePilot and SearchFeed. The programs are an excellent way to create new revenue streams for your site. You’re not going to find the same CPC rates you enjoy with Adsense, and you will likely not make more than a hundred dollars a month unless you have traffic numbers in the high six figures atleast. However, since these revenue streams can be in addition to whatever you make now, there is very little reason to not implement them. As for which program to use, well you should check CPC rates for your keywords at both programs. You can check SearchFeed’s from their homepage, but you’ll need to sign up with RevenuePilot to check theirs. Then, go with whichever one is going to make you more money. You might also be able to integrate both programs by combining their XML feeds into one search result that ranks the highest paying listing first, regardless of which company it is from. Both RevenuePilot and SearchFeed have offered assistance in making this combination possible.

Review Article Location:
    http://www.websitepublisher.net/arti...-revenuepilot/

Clicking the links to the programs in this article will credit WebsitePublisher with your referral.
    Last edited by Chris; 01-12-2004 at 09:34 PM.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Glad you reviewed that Chris

After reading that I think I will go with RevenuePilot. SearchField seems to take too big a cut.
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

Registered
    Great to see new ppc programs available for web publishers.

Google AdSense offers text advertisements that are clickable on your site. For example, the vertical ad offered by Google displays up to 4 advertisements. Can SearchFeed do this also? Where the ads are already shown on your site, in a similar style as google?

I guess I'm asking whether you can get 3 or 4 searchfeed/revenuepilot ads to be displyaed directly on your site with pre-decided keywords?

Anyone know of any examples I can see?

Thanks!
    Kyle

Searchfeed doesn't display ads, they display keywords. A person clicks on the keyword and then is taken to search results.

You can put 20 keywords in a skyscraper sized creative if you like.

-----

Actually I was incorrect about this. You can display ads like Adsense with both programs. I have updated my review (on the actual site) to reflect this.
    Last edited by Chris; 12-08-2003 at 09:37 PM.

Registered
    Or one could also use XML feeds and display search results
    directly in ones website. Which reminds me of the following:

Does anybody know how difficult or easy it is to be accepted
    as a partner by Searchfeed and Revenuepilot ?

Thanks

Junior Registered
    Originally posted by star
    Does anybody know how difficult or easy it is to be accepted
    as a partner by Searchfeed and Revenuepilot ?
    When I first registered and promoted their programs about 3 months ago it was easy. I only know of one person that was turned away and that was because her site wasn't finished yet. Once it was finished she reapplied and was accepted.

Keep it Real,
    dan

Banned
    Anybody have some examples of pages they've created that incorporate search words?

I've incorporated SearchFeed in two different ways at my literature site.

For instance on this page you'll see an essay link in the "Related Links" section -- this link exists on all my author and book pages and gets clicked a couple thousand times a day. Then if you scroll down you'll see a text advertisement served by searchfeed.

Have any of you successfully implemented either program?
    Last edited by Chris; 12-08-2003 at 09:44 PM.

Registered
    Thanks, missingarrow !

Not yet, Chris.

I really like Search Feed alot better. Higher paying keywords, and nicer ads....

Example, Searchfeed is placed on the top right, RevenuePilot is right under that...

http://www.jtemplates.com/?page=display&cat=business

I just signed up as well under chris affiliate url....I will give a review if im accepted....

I am definitely liking searchfeed better now. The CPC rates for my keywords are nearly 7x higher with SF than with RP. I don't know if this is because I've been using SF exclusively for awhile and so they have worked to take advantage of the traffic I'm sending them or what. They're performing very very well this month.

Hmmm. Glad you brought this up again. I think something like this could work well on my sub-pages. I'll report back if it's any good.

I'm about to sign up to searchfeed for one of my new sites, i'll let you know how it goes.
    Don't you just love free internet games ?