Thread: PR Update

PR Update

PR update must be in progress. I have two sites that went up, and two sites that went to PR 0. The rest seem to be stagnant.

Anyone else?

Nope...me neither...

I don't see any changes yet for me...

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    Nothing's changed for me, either.

Website Developer
    Seriously guys, don't even pay attention to PR. It may have meant something at one time, but its pretty well known now that it has little meaning, beyond convincing other webmasters that your link is really valuable because its a PR 6 and theirs is a PR 1.
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

Saying its meaningless is as dumb as saying its... well... the most meaningful thing in the world.

When a site first receives PR (ie finally goes off 0) its a good indicator that it is finally fully indexed.

PR in general is also a good indicator of the value of your incoming links.

Global PR changes can also be used to spot search engine changes. For instance if everyone is downgraded we can assume that either the index size increased or the dampening factor did.

Also... the value of PR in search engine rankings hasn't changed as much as people think, rather the perception of PR has changed. For instance for a time some people thought that PR was what really mattered. Then they learned about anchor text & link context matter more, and they think that PR must matter less now. They don't realize that just because they only recently learned of something, does not mean that it was only recently put into use. Google has been using anchor text & link context since it's inception. People used to simply be less aware of such things.

Both ends of the spectrum, obsessing and ignoring, are wrong.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Website Developer
    I think people are paying way too much attention to Pagerank. Your time and thoughts should be spent on other things. When I first started I watched my PR very closely. Now I check my site's PR.. may be once every 3 to 4 months now at most. Every day I've got my eyes on the my stats and the keyword traffic I'm getting from the engines.

Focus on exchanging links & getting one way links from on-topic, high quality sites and you will do a lot better than chasing high pagerank sites which are completely off-topic.

And off course I'll have to add, I make a lot more money now and get plenty of SE traffic.
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

4x4
    No PR update on my sites yet.

As I said in another post a PR1 is beating out my PR6 on SERPs... related incoming links outweigh non-related higher pr links in regards to SERPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter
    ...but its pretty well known now that it has little meaning...
    I don't think so. I think PR is as important as ever, but the way PR is computed has changed...

I saw PR change on almost all my sites, 3 days ago, but after a few hours everything went back to what it was before.

Not seeing any changes as far as PR but there is definately a backlinks update ...

Registered
    I think you should visit this link which have given detail history information on PR update. http://www.seocompany.ca/pagerank/pa...date-list.html

You can predict the next PR update from the history information available. IMO, this history information is the best source for prediction PR update. I assumed that probably it will be in the January month end or in the first week of February.
    Outsourced Hosting Support || Server Management || Web Development
    Phone : 408-512-1759 || AIM : support24by7 || MSN : sales@eTechSupport.net
    24x7 Dedicated Web Hosting Support

Junior Registered
    Nothing changed for me - It seems we are stuck on PR2 and PR4

by the way, anyone interested in exchanging links with us, please PM me. Our website covers (wireless, telecom) products and services.