Thread: DIV Scroll Help

Gimme Fries with that!

DIV Scroll Help

I have a div box, which has a scroll which is hidden.. I want it to start at the bottom. So if it has 400 lines of text, rather then starting at the top and having you scroll down I want it to be already scrolled to the very bottom.

can somebody help me with the code I need? I have been hunting all over hells half acre with 0 luck. Thanks guys! the height so you know is NOT known..

Would this help? Its designed to use a cookie and javascript to remember a div scroll postion. But I'm guessing you could skip the cookie bit, and just set the position.

Gimme Fries with that!
    its for my game. Basically the chat window when people type a HUGE WHACK of text it doesnt go to the bottom as it should. I need a way to always push the scroll to the VERY bottom and bump text off the top. Know what i mean?

Not that blue at all Blue Cat Buxton's Avatar
    Why dont you just reverse the order you show the posts in, so the most recent is at the top?

Gimme Fries with that!
    i rather not since I have never seen an in game chat where it was like that. I think my players would be confused.