Thread: PPL new to SEO

4x4

Talking PPL new to SEO

I`m finding it more and more, people who have websites and watn to get into google and other search engines! "How can people find me?"

Guess what the second most asked question is!
    "Should I put a bunch of keywords on my page, and then use white font?"

These are from peopel who have no idea about the "rules" and what "SEO SPAM" is, they just think it's a good idea.

I thought I would just post up and let you guys know that the majority of ALL website owners have no idea about SEO! What we take for common knowledge most have no clue about, and that is something to remember when working with clients for SEO.

Sean
    I'll add that it also makes the website look very unprofessional... which might not be a big deal to a small content site but credibility is an issue for an ecommerce site or a site which you want to grow into a respected authority site.

Registered
    By SEO, you can get the benefit of generating a high traffic volume. SEO is utilizing tools and methods in making your site top ranking in the results of search engines.
    1. The most important aspect of SEO is to optimize the content of the website.
    And you should use right keyword phrases in your site.
    2. Domain name should be short, as long as it’s somehow related to your site. Being more specific can help. Another method is to get a sub domain of a popular domain. This will generally help you get indexed more quickly though it will not appear quite as professional to your visitors.
    3. Search engines determine site relevance through the HTML title tag. You should put your most important keywords in your title tags.
    4. Keyword Density: -A well optimized site should include at least 250 words of text in a page. IMO, you should use between 5-15% frequency for the keyword you are trying to target within that text.
    Outsourced Hosting Support || Server Management || Web Development
    Phone : 408-512-1759 || AIM : support24by7 || MSN : sales@eTechSupport.net
    24x7 Dedicated Web Hosting Support

Website Developer
    There are a lot of companies that claim to be SEO firms but just get your sites ranked for unsearched keywords.

At its most basic form, SEO can be broken down into several very easy concepts. Its basically lose all the flash and javascript and fancy images, and write plain old content. But, to really be successful and get good, profitable SE traffic its a lot more complicated.
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

And you need to be really patient on seeing the results. From past experiences, Might take 1 year or more before you see your site earning some cash for you. Few trial and errors, some sites might be succesful some not and you need to learn from the one that fails

I really should write a "What is Search Engine Spam" Article and cover everything you shouldn't do.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    I really should write a "What is Search Engine Spam" Article and cover everything you shouldn't do.
    Yes, I would refer many new and seasoned webmasters to that article.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    That's a good idea, Chris. I think you must go on..... All the best!
    Outsourced Hosting Support || Server Management || Web Development
    Phone : 408-512-1759 || AIM : support24by7 || MSN : sales@eTechSupport.net
    24x7 Dedicated Web Hosting Support