Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Post your Picture

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Well, we won't be seeing any more of Mike. He's been banned numerous times at SitePoint for many infractions, but I thought I'd give him a chance here. He can't control his language though it seems. Whats worse is he doesn't seem to realize that his language isn't appropriate.

Ah thank God! He must be like 15 and at the age where it's "cool" to talk the way he does or something. I've never seen nor heard an adult act like he does especially in a forum. I mean who really cares?

I made a rude comment about someone in this forum but thought it was not professional and appropriate to attack someone personally, therefore I deleted it. Have some common sense people. We're here to learn from each other.

It does not matter how old you are. Age doesnt come with maturity!

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    hey Andy you know the gotte type ting u have, the hair above ur chin and under ur lower lip, I had that but I deleted it (shaved it off) in hopes that it would grow back much faster, but it doesn't seem to grow much faster compared to the beard or mustache hair. Any point in keep shaving it, or should I just let it grow?
    It's a myth that hair grows faster when you cut it. It's just shorter and therefore is more noticable when its length increases, and it seems thicker because its rougher etc. when its short--like trying to break a stubby stick compared to a longer one.

We'll probably be seeing a Mike Hawk or something sooner or later, though: because this guy seemed more than just a little like a troll.

no it does grow alot faster, before I used a trimer I only need to shave once 2-3 weeks now that same amount of hair grows back in a week after I started shaving with the blade

its a myth, you just think it grows faster.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

4x4
    Once every 2-3 weeks that must be nice. After 3 days i`m onto a beard
    BTW: The hair under the lip and above the chin grows like normal facial hair for me

see ur hair grows faster its not a myth you start growing hair the more you shave

4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by thebillionaire
    see ur hair grows faster its not a myth you start growing hair the more you shave
    It really depends on the person not how much you shave.

I have to shave more often when I buy cheap blades, but when it is time to buy blades I forget about the better value of the more expensive blades and keep buying the same cheap blades which look like a good deal at the time

Chronic Entrepreneur
    Quote Originally Posted by thebillionaire
    no it does grow alot faster, before I used a trimer I only need to shave once 2-3 weeks now that same amount of hair grows back in a week after I started shaving with the blade
    Couldn't it just be because you're getting older and your beard is coming in more fully now?

I keep meaning to dig up a pic of myself to post here. Hopefully this thread will still be open and halfway on topic by the time I get around to it!

haha, what a funny conversation. I tried the facial hair thing but it was too annoying (distracting) for me.

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    Believe me: IT DOESN'T GROW FASTER. Hair growth DOES NOT depend on whether or not you shave; unless, of course, you shave off your hair follicles (ewww).

It depends on your health, your diet, etc.
    In your case, I'm assuming Westech's right. And you didn't say anything that backed up your claim that it grows faster, nor did you say any proof that my argument was invalid :S

My beard grows faster in some areas than others, so I'll get lots at the bottom of the chin, but it'll peter out at the front a little bit, and it grows big mutton chops on the outside of my jaw. It's odd. I've never really liked having much facial hair; I just do a quick shave with an electric razor (never actually used the other kind; sheer laziness on my part) whenever I notice it--but since I'm blonde it's not too noticable till it's a decent sized stubble.

Man, this thread is off-topic central! Love it.
    Stepping On Wires - the new blog

NICE. I got a lovely email from our friend Chris Bosley "Mike Hunt" in my e-mail earlier.

It read: "Dude, You're the 15 year old retard. You can't even hack it as a lameass web designer using Illustrator so you're a cell phone sales rep LOSER."

What a classy kind of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by James
    My beard grows faster in some areas than others,
    LOL same here. A big radio station here is doing this thing called "Movember" where they encourage everyone to grow massive moustaches in November and in each capital city they're having a ball and judging who has the best moustache in each state! I considered having a crack at it, left it for about 4 days and I looked ridiclious!!

If I can find some pics at the end of the month I'll post em up here, should be funny as!