Thread: Permission to use a name

Junior Registered

Permission to use a name

I'm wondering if ever I wanna create a parodic humor game but there will be seen one celebrity as in parodic way. There will be no any offensive material about this celebrity, but do I need to ask a permission from that celebrity, can we use he/she in the game? And if I need to ask permission, where I can get a contact information in most easiest way? Is this possible?

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    Parodies are considered fair use (Google it) so I don't believe that you will be required to ask permission; however, I believe you're much better safe than sorry and should therefore ask permission.

somewhat on-topic question: at some point i plan on making a cartoon where chris farley is god. legal or illegal?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eMEraLdwPn
    somewhat on-topic question: at some point i plan on making a cartoon where chris farley is god. legal or illegal?
    legal but unethical

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    Well, I dunno. If you did a story such as him having to take over for god so it would agree with the religious people and they wouldn't complain, and did a spin on it that wouldn't be terribly disrespectful to Chris Farley, I can't see it being too terrible--just remember to do it tastefully, to an extent. There have been jokes about deaths before, and I'm sure that Chris would have wanted people to laugh, as long as it's not at his expense (disrespectfully, that is), and doesn't defame his character.