Thread: People that own game sites

People that own game sites

Where do you get your games from? Did you just start a site about games and eventually with time people send you the games they have developed? Or do you have some sort of affiliate program set up with another game site? I've always wondered this.

Gimme Fries with that!
    alot of sites just steal from one another blatantly with 0 creativity. Westech has a great site with custom games nthat kick ***. Its also probably why his site is such a hit.

Yeah I was kinda hoping Westech would throw some thoughts out there for me on this one...

One you get started and make somewhat of a name for yourself then you would have people submit original games to you, but up until that point I don't see how you could make a game site from scratch and not get some recognition without stealing? I guess unless you knew how to design the flash games yourself and just made a few.

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    Pay people to make them.

Registered
    Emancipator you have a nice looking set of sites yourself, nice work

Chronic Entrepreneur
    There are a lot of sites that offer collections of games that webmasters can download and use for free. Some examples are miniclip.com , freeonlinegames.com , and the awesome site that Emancipator mentioned above. Look for the "free content" or "free games for your website" sections on these sites.

These should be enough to get you started. If you see games you want to feature on your site that aren't posted as available for free use try emailing the author for permission. Many authors will gladly let you feature their games as long as you go about it the right way by asking permission first.

As you said, once your site starts becoming well recognized a lot of authors will start submitting games to you and asking you to put them up just for the recognition.

Gimme Fries with that!
    thanks ramprage.

back to flash gaming westech is on the right track. Its why I talk to him every day on MSN and ask him alot of questions so I can steal them all and use them against him.. I am going to be the next Dark Jedi of Flash gaming.... yeah ok im kidding but hopefully you all laughed with and not at me