Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asking for links

I keep mine short and sweet. Most of my link building happens when Im just starting a site so it doesnt have a lot to offer PR or traffic wise, so I just want a straight exchange so I can have another backlink. I probably get about 20% of people replying. I get more link exchanges from posting on forums and meeting people that way. I have found people that have a few sites in that niche, and done multiple exchanges that way. I get real tired of finding a site, adding a link to that site, sending an email, waiting and getting no response, removing the link. I've got better things to do with my time.

Registered

Be honest

Be honest and look for quality and relevance. Don't waste too much time chasing links with sites that won't add much to your standing.

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    It's better to get a little PR from on-topic sites than a little more from not on-topic websites. So don't ignore a site you see is high quality just because it's low-PR.

Not that blue at all Blue Cat Buxton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    It's better to get a little PR from on-topic sites than a little more from not on-topic websites. So don't ignore a site you see is high quality just because it's low-PR.
    Wise words