Thread: cheap dedicated or vps

cheap dedicated or vps

Im looking for cheap dedicated, or vps servers, with around 500gb transfer for under $59, any one know any good ones?

how is aplus.net? and godaddy.com

Registered
    I don't know their rates, but I see lots of people happy with www.asmallorange.com

Chronic Entrepreneur
    I had a dedicated through 15minuteservers.com for a while before I outgrew it and I didn't have any trouble with it. I don't think you'll find one for $59/mth, but they have a Celeron for $89/mth that might work for you if your site doesn't use php/mysql too heavily. You should be aware that these servers are fully unmanaged and if you don't know your way around a server you'll have to hire an admin to keep it updated, secure, etc.

If you don't mind shelling out a little more check out acunett.com for great fully managed dedicated servers.

Registered
    IMO, you should check for reliable and reputed dedicated hosting company with 24/7 tech support, uptime and many more features instead of looking for cheap dedicated. IMO, aplus, lunarpages, hostgator are reliable hosting companies on the basis of reviews. If your budget is quite low, I think you should go for VPS. You should visit this link http://www.thewhir.com/find/web-hosts/dir/vps.cfm. You will get solution here.
    Outsourced Hosting Support || Server Management || Web Development
    Phone : 408-512-1759 || AIM : support24by7 || MSN : sales@eTechSupport.net
    24x7 Dedicated Web Hosting Support

I've actually gone the other route, downsizing. I had a dedicated server and now I have a few reseller accounts. They seem to work better and having things spread out is always good. The best part is the price too, $40 for my hosting instead of $80.

Quote Originally Posted by moonshield
    I've actually gone the other route, downsizing. I had a dedicated server and now I have a few reseller accounts. They seem to work better and having things spread out is always good. The best part is the price too, $40 for my hosting instead of $80.
    Plus you also benefit from different Class C IPs if you have them at different hosts.. For cross linking your sites.

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    Plus you also benefit from different Class C IPs if you have them at different hosts.. For cross linking your sites.
    I still believe that's just a myth, but I suppose it'd be a benefit for you conspiracy theory people. :P

Registered Alien
    Have been using VPS from servint.com for $49 which is pretty good for hosting small sites.