Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should be considered before buying reseller account?

Question What should be considered before buying reseller account?

Hello All!
    Could anybody advice me what aspects should I consider before buying reseller account (Storage, Bandwidth, Server specs, Support abilities etc)? Which of them are the most important?

Please help!
    Thanks, hixe

It depends what you plan to do with it. If you plan on having a lot of graphics or file downloads, then bandwidth will be important.

Support is important as there WILL be times when the server is down or not operating as it should be. You will want to know what's going on if you're loosing money as a result of the downtime.

Most servers these days tend to be of an acceptable speed. However, with some cheap hosts, they will overload a server thereby slowing it down. So be aware of that.

Check out the reseller section of webhostingtalk.com for reviews and opinions.

I'm with LightningServers and have never really had any problems apart from a couple of server re-boots (couple of minutes downtime). I'm also with dathorn, and again I've been happy with them. They have *slightly* more downtime than lightningservers, but they offer a good server spec for a great price ($13.50 a month).

Even if you find you don't like a host - it's easy to swap to a new one. Just upload your site and update your domain's DNS server.

The best host I've seen yet is probably http://www.canaca.com; the silver package is a good deal which I plan on buying.

Registered
    It looked like the bronze, silver, and gold packages are to host a single domain, not a reseller account. Clicking on the reseller tab brings up a package that starts at $49.95

yes but I only need a one domain site right now.

Plus they are hosted on a fast p4 computer.

Registered
    hixe's original post asked about reseller accounts

Trench Warfare
    hixe, try surfing WebHostingTalk.com for recommendations & special offers regarding reseller hosting accounts.
    ________
    ecigarette forum
    Last edited by ozgression; 02-06-2011 at 05:59 AM.

Registered
    If you plan to resell space, you'll want your own private nameservers.

Registered
    Without a doubt, its flexibility. If you are a reseller and you go to a company and they say ok we've got these 8 plans. These are what you are locked into. Then there is a problem. What happens two years from now when you need to expand. Amazingly some companies are not willing to assist. Weird. Need someone with flexibility. Who will customized your accounts. Also, speed of servers is important and how many users do they put on the servers. As a reseller you want proper attention. You look for this and then after that you look for the features.

Could anybody advice me what aspects should I consider before buying reseller account (Storage, Bandwidth, Server specs, Support abilities etc)? Which of them are the most important?
    WEBster Computing Services - webcs.com
    Linux and Windows shared hosting | DEDICATED server hosting
    One of the oldest hosts on the planet
    Since 1996............just ask us

Registered
    Support is important as there WILL be times when the server is down or not operating as it should be. You will want to know what's going on if you're loosing money as a result of the downtime.

===

I agree...the key is what happens in the crunch. I make my staff carry pagers so if there is ever an emergency they all are beeped in real time rather than anything virtually. No questions that way whether its being handled.

thanks, Will

Registered
    Wow, 10 gigs and 80 gigs traffic for $8. The servers must be flooded with users, totally flooded. It depends what you want, to be #1 or to be #500 in the list of priorities. Pricing is interested and bidget hosts are interesting. I always am amazed how many people use them. Because if you generate 1-2 sales extra per year because you chose a quality host then the better servers pay for themselves over and over again. You loose money by going with a flooded server, period.

===
    "The best host I've seen yet is probably http://www.canaca.com; the silver package is a good deal which I plan on buying."

Its in my budget and they have excellent support, and servers are fast too my friends host from there, its a good service. And I dont appreciate you acussing other companies to crapy just so you can promote your company.

But you're a billionaire! of course it's in your budget!!
    HAR!!
    Kyle