Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a domain I was wanting!

Got a domain I was wanting!

I wanting www.oxtalk.com and two weeks ago it was already taken. I email the owner and he tells me that he wants 1900 for it, I tell him no thanks. He e-mails me back saying 1200, again no thanks. He emails me back and tells me 900, again no thanks. Well I went today to register oxtalk.net because .com was taken and as I was going to register it told me that oxtalk.com was available again...so I nabbed it quick! lol. I guess the owner knew it was going to expire and was trying to make a quick buck

it usually takes around 2 to 6 months for a domain name to expire... maybe he was just trying to put a move on you... and it was avialable and mistyped it...

That is weird. I know I spelled it right and got his info off of the whois website. That's how I got his email to even ask him about selling it. hmmmm.

congratulations
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Aha! Good work, well done!

Now what is the site going to be about? Free online calls for oxes?

Quote Originally Posted by r2d2
    Aha! Good work, well done!

Now what is the site going to be about? Free online calls for oxes?

Well actually its going to be a forum for members of Theta Chi Fraternity. The greek letters for Theta Chi is OX (only the "O" has a horizontal line though it)

Thus far I can't find any site similar so I figured it might go over well.

Ah ok, I can see that having a bigger market than online ox communication Good luck with it!

deronsizemore is right. Very odd. Normally takes some time for the domain to become available after it's expired. https://www.snapnames.com/deleteprocess.html

It's weird...I actually just got another e-mail from the old owner of oxtalk.com wanting more offers for the site. I just notified him that I was now the owner of the name...so I don't know what's going on. lol
    Last edited by deronsizemore; 10-12-2005 at 05:13 PM.

LOL. "Would you like to buy my domain?" .. "Ermm not really? I think I already own it?" haha

lol...maybe I can sell it back to him so we can resume negotiations for it?

Chronic Entrepreneur
    Make sure that you log into your registrar and lock the domain. When the previous owner discovers that he no longer owns it he may get upset and try to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Westech
    Make sure that you log into your registrar and lock the domain. When the previous owner discovers that he no longer owns it he may get upset and try to get it back.

Ah, thanks for the tip! Luckily when I checked it, it was already set on "lock".

Registered
    Weird. I mean if he knew you wanted it, why didnt he register it? Lucky duck you!
    WEBster Computing Services - webcs.com
    Linux and Windows shared hosting | DEDICATED server hosting
    One of the oldest hosts on the planet
    Since 1996............just ask us

Quote Originally Posted by webcs
    Weird. I mean if he knew you wanted it, why didnt he register it? Lucky duck you!

That is what is weird about the whole situation. It was registered and he had it. I originally got his contact email from the whois source and just dropped him an e-mail asking what he wanted for it..he told me an outrageous price so I told him I couldn't do it for that and he's been bugging the life out of me to buy it from him ever since for a cheaper price...I still didn't want it for what he was selling it for so I was just going to go register oxtalk.net which for what I needed it for was just as good IMO. As I was getting ready to register the .net one, I noticed that the .com one was now available.