Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Management

4x4

Time Management

What do you guys do to manage your time and make sure you spend a good amount of time with friends, family and your sig. other?

I find myself super focused when I`m working on something that I really want to or feel strongly about, and work on it almost every hour I`m awake. I even eat some meals in front of the PC while I work. I take small little breaks to get away from the screen but sometimes I don't go anywhere or do anything for a week.

It seems time is money for some sites as the new ones get established they are almost burned into the memory of people and are remembered longer etc. so I want to get some sites up faster than others...

How do you decide to work or to go do something? Right now my schedule has been work, class, work. This is normaly 9am to 2:30-3am.

Website Developer
    I have a text file for every month where I just write down what I need to do. I then prioritize everything. If its not done at the end of the month I decided if I still need/want to do it, if yes it goes in the new month's file.

I schedule a few things like eating with someone or playing tennis or golf; other than that I really don't pre-plan to do things with people. Example, last Friday night I ended up in a hottub; I didn't plan that

One of the good things about this business is that you aren't obligated to be "working" at a specific time or place. Its not unusual for me to be working at 8 in the morning one day or midnight the next day.
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

I have the opposite problem, I don't work enough.

So I do work I set myself goals for the day. Maybe that will work for you, but instead of goals for work, "goals" for the day - see xxxxxx, go to the bank, have dinner with family etc.
    New website released. ya rly!

Wright has a time management seminar session that he recorded you can listen to it on his site: http://ensight.org/

4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyH
    I have the opposite problem, I don't work enough.

So I do work I set myself goals for the day. Maybe that will work for you, but instead of goals for work, "goals" for the day - see xxxxxx, go to the bank, have dinner with family etc.
    I often have the same problem. Sometimes I go for a week or two with maybe only putting in 2 or 4 hours of work, and now other times my schedules so full I don't know wha to doo

Thnx for the advice and links guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddW
    What do you guys do to manage your time and make sure you spend a good amount of time with friends, family and your sig. other?

I find myself super focused when I`m working on something that I really want to or feel strongly about, and work on it almost every hour I`m awake. I even eat some meals in front of the PC while I work. I take small little breaks to get away from the screen but sometimes I don't go anywhere or do anything for a week.

It seems time is money for some sites as the new ones get established they are almost burned into the memory of people and are remembered longer etc. so I want to get some sites up faster than others...

How do you decide to work or to go do something? Right now my schedule has been work, class, work. This is normaly 9am to 2:30-3am.
    I dont think u need any time management help, I get hardly 30mins on my site a day cause of stupid hw, especially with physics, hard as hell

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    especially with physics, hard as hell
    If you're in grade 10 or 11, just wait till 12. You'll love it. *gives devilish grin*

Jeremy at Ensight.org posted a powerpoint presentation on time management on his blog last week (he runs time management courses at Microsoft I believe). it was quite good
    Stepping On Wires - the new blog

Quote Originally Posted by James
    If you're in grade 10 or 11, just wait till 12. You'll love it. *gives devilish grin*
    im in 11, teh ciruculam in canada is super messed up, cause physics is divided into 2 section one is motion the other, something else... not sure yet. So pretty we gotta learn all grade 11, 12 and what used to be 13 matterial in 11. Its so annoying and motion is the pain in the butt physics where its like "if a ball was rolling down a hill, at blah velocity with a uniform accel, pushin at a N,E angle of blah, for blah seconds, after blah seconds the hill slop changes to blah with bumps the size fo blah" See what i mean its crazy, as for grade 12 I think discreeet geometry is gonna be alot harder

4x4
    12th grade was the easiest for me.
    I got out earlier, had a couple computer classes and my english teacher gave out grades for 'good' students. Boy what I would give to be in 12th grade again with no responsibilties(well not many) and no bills.

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    In grade 11 it should start with kinetics (aka motion, like you said), then go into talking about lenses, which is where the real fun begins, because it's so unpractical in comparison to kinetics.

And what you described above isn't that crazy. It's not as tough as the Force of Gravity between two objects: Fg = 6.67*10^-11 [the gravitational constant](m2-m1/d [from center])
    which isn't terribly tough.

Registered
    Eek, physics. Lucky my hole of a school doesn't even offer it.

Registered
    Kate, are you in highschool? and don't have physics?

Registered
    Yep, I'm in high school. I actually do pretty pointless classes - comedy (as my English class), art, zoology (as my science class, it was that, forensic or chemistry), Japanese, math, PE, photography. My school doesn't offer IT classes either.

Website Developer
    The stuff that counts when you are in school is what you do on your own time.
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog