Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Logo Review

A Logo Review

Well I had this same logo reviewed a while back and was given good responses. The more I kept looking at it I just didn't like the font that was used. I wanted to go with a softer font and changed just a few subtle things.

The original logo can be found at www.kentuckygolfing.com

The three new variations are below:

http://www.deronsizemore.com/kentuckygolfing.gif

http://www.deronsizemore.com/kentuckygolfing2.gif

http://www.deronsizemore.com/kentuckygolfing3.gif

Which one do you think has the most potential?

Thanks

Not like my opinion is in anyway professional at all, but I prefer the second one.

Website Developer
    number one, second one is good too but I like how you use the state in the first
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

Sean
    My favorite is the 1st of the variations. I like the new font much more than the old one too... I might even have to go out and find it for my own use.

I like the simplicity of the second and third logos. If I had to choose out of them I would most likely pick #3.

I like where your second/third idea is heading, but the current flag symbol is weak (and will only get weaker when scaled down). I suggest you attempt to bring the flag-post closer (where it nears the top end), then make the actual flag about 3-4 times bigger. This will balance the whole logomark out better and give you room to throw in a little more detail - making it more unique.

The kerning could also do with a bit of adjustment... but that's quick business.
    Egor Kouchnarev — Designer

I actually prefer first one. The font is much much better then on original logo, but I like the state. If you decide to go with second or third one, I'd consider what just Egor said - the flag could be bigger.

Cheers,
    Jelena
    ArrayStudio - Web Development
    Me, Myself & I
    Buditi - He rocks! (Serbian)

I like the first one as well. I like the use of the state in the logo. Plus, from my experience Kentuckians ar proud of their state similar in the way Texans are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter
    number one, second one is good too but I like how you use the state in the first
    Agreed. The second one looks nicer to me but the first one is "branded" better, if that makes any sense.
    Vinnie Garcia - Web designer, programmer, pastry chef
    IBeBloggin' - a web design blog
    Web 2.Oh! (BETA) - laugh at the tag clouds
    Rails Forum (BETA) - Learn about Ruby on Rails

I think I like the original logo best, but it is a close call with the first variant. I think leaving the state in the logo is a really good idea.
    Ken Barbalace - EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Environmental Careers, Blog)
    InternetSAR.org: Volunteers Assisting Search and Rescue via the Internet
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space

I prefer the first one as well; using the state is something original. IMO, the ones with the flag don't have as much meaning...
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    My favorite is the 1st of the variations. I like the new font much more than the old one too... I might even have to go out and find it for my own use.
    The font is Myrad Pro. It's a nice font. I'm starting to use it more and more seems like these days.

I appreciate all of the comments I've got so far! It definitely doesn't make my decision any easier as I've got lots of votes for the first revision and the second! I guess I can't complain, it's hard enough to get one of something that people like, let alone two, right?

Thanks again! If anyone has anymore comments I'm all eyes, bring 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Egor
    I like where your second/third idea is heading, but the current flag symbol is weak (and will only get weaker when scaled down). I suggest you attempt to bring the flag-post closer (where it nears the top end), then make the actual flag about 3-4 times bigger. This will balance the whole logomark out better and give you room to throw in a little more detail - making it more unique.

The kerning could also do with a bit of adjustment... but that's quick business.

Egor. PM sent to you. (If you've not already noticed it)