Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEO Reciprocal Link Exchange Software

SEO Reciprocal Link Exchange Software

RE: linkmachine.net

I keep getting reciprocal link requests from all sorts of sites which seem to be using the above software... (not sure if these are classed as spam or not)

Has anyone used, or has anyone had any experience with this software?

Would you recommend it or stay away from it?

Cheers
    I Do Website Design - but I am here to learn all about publishing

Never mind - I've done some research and its not good.

Stick to doing it by hand, keeping the quality of your links high and not necessarily opting for reciprocal links, one way links are the way to go.
    I Do Website Design - but I am here to learn all about publishing

I do not think the google and other search engines will like it~

Use Linkmetro.com - much easier than doing it by hand, and it's among a bunch of other sites looking for links too (so no spam!).
    Stepping On Wires - the new blog

Registered
    MarkB,
    Could you elaborate a little on the kind of site(s) and circumstances where you think linkmetro would be worth the money?

I looked at some of the sites in the home improvement section and really didn't see much quality. Sites with three AdSense blocks on the home page, overdone SEO with keyword stuffed file names, etc.

I guess it would be a way to get links to a new site. It's much harder for me to imagine adding it to an established site.

Quote Originally Posted by paul
    Could you elaborate a little on the kind of site(s) and circumstances where you think linkmetro would be worth the money?
    Link Metro is free.

I looked at some of the sites in the home improvement section and really didn't see much quality.
    Oi! I'm in there! Seriously though, there are a lot of low quality PR0 to PR2 sites requesting links, but there are some good sites in there.

Registered

Link Metro can be surprising

I have used link metro and I have websites with PR0 but I have connected with a couple of sites with PR of 4 and 5 surprisingly that are good quality sites. The nice thing about it is that you can just say no to any request you don't like. One thing about Link Metro is that I have waited over a month for responses and never get any from some of the webmasters so they all obviously do not monitor their accounts very well and it is aggravating because you put their link on your page first before you can even request them to put yours on their website. Anyway it has actually earned me a few good quality sites.

Registered
    R2D2,

Small world I clicked the Home Improvement link in your sig and realized it was one of the sites I had looked at when I visited linkmetro. Unlike many, it had some PR.

It looked to me like $19.95 per month for the advanced membership which is where all the productivity enhancements live.

I noticed your site has a page on Treen. I happen to have www.treenware.com which has no PR but does come up #3 on Google for a search for treenware and gets about 25 uniques per day. Assuming you would be interested, what would be the best way to structure a link exchange?

PM me if you would rather not do this in public. However, I imagine I am not the only one here who is new to link building and maybe others could learn too.
    Last edited by paul; 09-29-2005 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Subject not clear

For some of the more experienced publishers here, it might be worth checking out SEOElite. I've been using it a little bit over the last few days, and mainly it's useful to gather statistics and build a general picture of your competition's linking strategy. The idea being, analyse the first 5 or so ranked sites, replicate and improve - just like normal SEO. Except SEOElite speeds the process up. There's nothing that SEOElite does that you can't really do by hand to be honest, but it certainly saves a lot of time.

Not sure it's worth the price though. Time will tell. I've only had it a few days.

Registered
    Chromate,

It's REAL hard not to hit the kill button when one of those classic marketing pages starts to load. I would be very interested in hearing how it works for you.

lol yeah, I know what you mean. Those marketing pages work like a dream though, believe it or not (assuming the page copy is good)

Junior Registered
    You could try linkmarket, some good sites there. DOWNSIDE: prepare your inbox for a barrage of link exchange requests.

right now i'm trying Duncan Carver's - Link Management Assistant from onlinemarketingtoday. It doubles as a link exchange script and a web directory. good thing is you could build up your directory with imports from dmoz (nobody likes joining an empty directory at first). Im awaiting results of supposed SEO-friendliness of URLs.

PM me if you would rather not do this in public.
    Have PM'd you.

Just been cutting down my LinkMetro link requests - accepted about 3, rejected about 98

Just seen you can hide your sites from the directory - I think I'll do the requesting in future to improve time efficiency on Link Metro.

Website Developer
    Be careful if you are doing bulk link exchange requests by e-mail, trust me, you don't want to have your domain flagged by the major spam filters.

Honestly, I do all my link exchange requests by hand -- even then only a handful of people exchange links (this does depend on site topic, some things are easy to get links for)
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

Quote Originally Posted by r2d2
    Just seen you can hide your sites from the directory - I think I'll do the requesting in future to improve time efficiency on Link Metro.
    Do'h! Just seen that if you hide your sites, you cant exchange links! How annoying! I guess you could just unhide them when you are looking for new links though... Not perfect, but better than loads of unwanted link requests.