Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hobby to Job

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by chromate
    I don't know how you feel about this idea, but you could capture an image of some google ads on your site that you think are suitable, and then use that image in place of the AdSense code. That way you obviously wont be risking any bad ads showing up and it'll look exactly like normal adsense ads.
    Awesome idea.

wont, work google serve's so many ads that most people's ad click are probably finidh in a day to a week, that will require constant editing. I like it as it is, except the payment which can be very low at times, hopefully yahoo publisher pay's more

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    wont, work google serve's so many ads that most people's ad click are probably finidh in a day to a week, that will require constant editing.
    What in the world are you talking about? She's doing this as a project in school. I believe an image would be perfectly suited to the situation; even if it's just a quick edit just before the presentation.

Registered
    Did the presentation today. Did the images idea then changed it back once it was over. Presentation wasn't as bad as I thought it would be .

Hoorah!
    Stepping On Wires - the new blog

Hazaah!

Congrats on it going well. Have you heard how well they thought you did on it?

Registered
    Thanks.

Nope, won't find out till the end of the year.

Did get some "warm/cool" feedback though -
    Warm - Good standard of work for year 9 or something along those lines. And they also enjoyed abusing my 'Build A Punk' game.
    Cool - Need to use more self-confidence when presentating.

Yeah, presentations were never my strong-suit in High School either (I failed them all, basically!); funny, I always enjoyed it when I was in primary school.

Cool - Need to use more self-confidence when presentating.
    Yeah, being an obnoxious *** like myself helps with certain things like this.

I really have always somewhat enjoyed public speaking. When doing it, I pay close attention to how I'm presenting:
    - reading speed
    - how much I'm depending on the cards so that I don't have to look at the class
    - am I panning my head from left to right to left (while keeping the motion natural), to make sure that I'm keeping the class attentive?
    By doing this I've always gotten high B's/A's (CA-style) in public speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    Presentation wasn't as bad as I thought it would be .
    That tends to be the way. I used to hate giving presentations in both school and uni. But they ALWAYS turned out better than I thought they would.

I wouldnt' call myself a "web publisher" yet, just cause I have no sites online making money currently. I'd love to be making enough from some sites to support myself and my family here say within the next few years or so. I've got tons of ideas, just havn't started them yet.

Best time to start is now, mate!

Website Developer
    Agreed, don't just say the next few years, make those things happen today.
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

Well I am working dilligently (spelling?) to get some of my ideas up and running. The "three years" part was just me hopeing to start making some decent money by then. I don't figure I'll blow it out of the water as soon as some of my site are online, so I figure three years is a good number to work for a good profit.