Thread: Dropping Tribal Fusion

Dropping Tribal Fusion

I'm dropping Tribal Fusion for rectangles.

Their rates are good, except Tribal Fusion Direct which is basically Casale, same type of ads, same rate (or lower). I'm not going to run those as first tier. TFD used to be good for me, but not anymore, and I know I can make an eCPM of atleast $2.5 with Google.

With TF I'll be missing out on all the $2-$4 CPM normal campaigns, and possibly higher paying ones, but with TFD sucking down 30,000 impressions a day I'm missing out on nearly $2000 a month by using them.

I do not know why they thought that TFD was a good idea.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Chronic Entrepreneur
    This hammered me pretty hard too when I started with TF. Then I figured out how to set a pricing floor for Tribal Fusion Direct. Unfortunately, the highest pricing floor they let you set is .60 CPM, and that's the amount before they take their cut so you're really getting around .33 CPM. Even so, setting a .60 pricing floor has really increased my overall earnings since Casale can give me well over .33 eCPM for the defaults.

Here's a link with instructions on setting a pricing floor, in case anyone is interested: http://www.tribalfusion.com/info/pub...PMpricing.html

I've been thinking about emailing TF to ask if there's any way that they can manually set my pricing floor higher or possibly just disable TF Direct on my account altogether. I'm not sure if this would hurt or help my overall earnings, but I think it's worth experimenting with.

I know about the pricing floor, but .33 CPM does not compare, even close, to the 2.5 CPM I get with Google.

Before I dropped them I emailed them about raising the floor even more or letting me deselect TFD. They refused.

I am sorry you do not like the ads in the Tribal Fusion direct program. If you aren't happy with the quality of the ads, you could block those advertisers in the TF program (theuseful.com, everyfreegift.com, education-advancement.com, freeipods.com, nationalsurveypanel.com, smileycentral.com, screensavers.com), which would both raise the quality of your advertiseing and raise your minimum CPM. At the very least, certainly check back with us soon, as the emerging CPM trend has been very positive recently. As always, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, concerns, or requests.
    Thats an option, blocking all those.

Chronic Entrepreneur
    That sounds good, manually blocking all campaigns below a certain CPM, but how can you tell how much each individual campaign within Tribal Fusion Direct pays? When I look at my list of campaigns I see all of the regular individual campaigns and then an entry for Tribal Fusion Direct that shows TFD stats all lumped together. I can't break it out into individual campaigns.

I see the campaign names you referred to above mixed in with my regular high-paying TF campaigns, but they all show 0 impressions. Is this because their stats are lumped into the TFD group?

AHHHH!! I love TF's rates, but I hate their system!

I see the campaign names you referred to above mixed in with my regular high-paying TF campaigns, but they all show 0 impressions. Is this because their stats are lumped into the TFD group?
    Maybe, that'd make sense.

AdSense has really rasied the bar with their high eCPMs. I find that I have to deselect alot of low paying campaigns in other networks, who wants crappy .40 cents cpm campaigns anyway.