Thread: Interclick Review

Interclick Review

Interclick, formerly known as MidAddle, started primary running interstitials. Interstitials are the closest things to TV commercials the Internet has. Basically they are full page advertisements that appear between page views. When you click to view a page you might instead see a full page advertisements for 10 seconds and then move on to the page itself.

Interstitials have a lot going for them, they would seem to be attractive to advertisers, they're possibly not as annoying to users as there aren't excessive windows to close, and they're the hardest type of ad to block by ad blocking software. Since viewing the ad can be a prerequisite to viewing your page its easy to check to see who hasn't viewed the ad. Interstitials are also great for using in conjunction with a resource intensive search feature. A search feature is typically the most resource intensive thing on a site and you'll be able to subsidize it if you require the viewing of an interstitial before viewing the results. Also most networks limit interstitials to once per visitor like popunders.

So, I obviously have good things to say about interstitials, but what about Interclick? Well they're one of the few ad networks that actually serve interstitials off a separate ad code, others like Burst!Media or Tribal Fusion can serve them but they're tied to the top banner code. Additionally Interclick offers some pretty good rates. So far this month my eCPM with Interclick interstitials is $3.77 whereas my eCPM with Fastclick interstitials is $0.75. I have noticed some slight fill issues with Interclick though, they don't seem to have as much inventory. Commission wise they tie Fastclick's 65%.

Interclick's support has been helpful, when I first started using them their ad code wouldn't work out of an iframe which is a requirement for me. One would think that they'd have fix this issue previously, but atleast they were very responsible when I brought it up. One thing that may turn off many publishers is that the company that is now Interclick was once an adware company. In addition to the natural disgust that most webmasters feel for adware companies, there is also the issue of potentially exposing your visitors to adware downloads. Now, to my knowledge Interclick does not do this, but adware companies have not always been known for their candor.

Interclick also offers popunders and sliders (like Fastclick's InVue's) , they also recently started offering leaderboards, rectangles, and skyscrapers. Rates reported thus far vary for different publishers but seem to be at the level of Casale Media & Fastclick.

Payments are net-30 with a minimum of $50. I overall have to recommend Interclick, if even just for Interstitials. If you're short on ad networks in your chain you might also want to check them out as a banner provider.

Click here to visit Interclick. By using this link you will be giving Website Publisher credit for your referral.

Article originally published here: http://www.websitepublisher.net/article/Interclick/
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Chronic Entrepreneur
    Nice review. I wasn't aware that they also offered leaderboards, rectangles, and skyscrapers. I'm intrigued by your mention that they offer rates comparable to Casale and Fastclick. I've been looking for a new network to add to the end of my chain and I may give Interclick a shot. If I do, you'll get my referral.

Don't feel bad, its been only a week or so since they started offering them. A few people have reported rates much better than FC or Casale. Others about the same.

Chronic Entrepreneur
    I just signed up. I really need something else in my chain to eat up more defaults before I send them to Bluetime. I've been sending Bluetime WAY too many impressions for the lousy .03 CPM they've been giving me. I'm looking forward to seeing how much of my leftover traffic Interclick will use.

heh 0.03 cpm is hardly worth it, better to put in some generic amazon banners or links to your other sites at that point I think.

You should post your results.

Chronic Entrepreneur
    You're right. I just kind of stuck Bluetime at the end of my chain a while back because they don't default any impressions and then I forgot about them. When I logged in and checked my reports a few days ago I almost choked when I saw what a deal they were getting! Of course, it's defaults that have already passed through 3 other networks so it's probably not the highest quality traffic, but still...

I just got accepted by Interclick and will post my results in a few days.

Gimme Fries with that!
    thats what i did chris.. stuck in some amazon banner ad code i wrote to show related movies to the page. I am going to check these guys out myself right now

$3.21 eCPM on Popunders for me.
    New website released. ya rly!

Chronic Entrepreneur
    I'm back to post my results with Interclick...

I ran into a few problems with getting my account and login set up, but their customer service was very helpful and quick to respond by emails. Their reports area is a little buggy (EDIT: possibly because I'm using FireFox), but very useable.

I'm using Interclick for in-page ads only (leaderboards, skyscrapers, and rectangles), so I can't comment on their pop-ups or interstitals. I'm using them as my 4th tier, after Tribal Fusion, Casale, and Fastclick. Because of this, I'm sending Interclick mostly leftover international impressions that none of the other networks wanted.

I'm sending them roughly 50k default impressions per day, and they're only serving ads for around 3k of those daily impressions and defaulting the rest. For the impressions they're serving, I'm getting around .11 eCPM, which I think is pretty good considering that it's for leftover international traffic that no one else seems to want. It's better than what I've been able to get for it anywhere else.

Overall impressions: Interclick has very good and very responsive account reps, a slightly buggy but still useable interface, and decent CPM rates for in-page ads served to international visitors. They would be much more useful to me if they could serve more paying ads for the impressions I send them, but I intend to keep them in my chain anyway to monetize as much of my international traffic as possible.

I've also heard elsewhere that they have good rates for US/UK/Canadian traffic, so if anyone wants to take a chance and move them higher in your chain you might be pleasantly surprised.

Junior Registered
    Just a little update on Interclicks policies... I was late getting paid, and made some inquiries. They now require a $100 minimum before payout and work on net-45. As far as I know they never formally announced this change to their publishers.

They'd had all sorts of payment issues lately. I can no longer recommend them.

Hmm... good to know.