Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Who Says AWS is Dead?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballer
    where's that guy nintendo? he'll get a kick out of this thread! ahhaha
    Can't respond, threads been hijacked. It's now The Peoples Court, with no judge... yet!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    You're lame, unoriginal, and arrogant, with what seems to be a really bad case of denial. Its obvious to everyone else how unoriginal you are but you just can't admit it.

Wtih your attitude I don't see why I should help your ill conceived websites by allowing you to promote them on my sites. You've just lost your right to a signature on my forums. No more free PageRank for you.
    Kind of funny how the 30 year old resorts to name calling before the 15 year old. If similar concepts, content, and the execution of both is something that bothers you, you are in the wroooooong field buddy. There is little to nothing original under the sun these days on the 'net, just lots of the same things sliced, diced, and displayed differently on different URL's.

Using this line of thinking, I suppose that you ripped off the WebmasterWorld forum and made a webmaster forum where people can talk back and forth about website related issues. I mean, the site structure is the same: an index page, a forum page, a topic page, and all of them filled with user-submitted words about website building! This place is a rip-off! /sarcasm-off

Regarding "suing you to find out" - in today's litigious society, if someone looks at you the wrong way you can sue them. For goodness sake, someone sued McDonald's and won lots of money because they serve hot coffee and they were dumb enough to pour it on themselves. Suing often times proves nothing in terms of right or wrong. Sadly, so many times it boils down to who can afford the better lawyer and to fight longer. Have fun in litigation protecting your Nintendo-looking designs

I don't know why people don't get that is not about competition its about copying. There are hundreds of competition sites out there that I don't care about because they don't look almost exactly like my site.

Nor do I understand why people think Sean deserves coddling because of his age when he has exhibited such arrogance and often tries to put on a show to act older and more successful.

I also don't understand how someone thinks they can blatantly insult me on my own forums without me banning them.

I wonder if these few defenders are really just friends of Sean. In anycase this thread is long since over, so its being closed.

Although, to go back to the original topic -- my TV aws site is still doing well - I sold over $10k worth of TV or home theatre products this week.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Chronic Entrepreneur
    Well, I never thought I’d be one of those drama queens who posts logs of IM conversations on forums, but here I am…

I debated for a while on whether to post this or not, but after re-reading this thread I decided that I should – both to further document Sean’s pattern of behavior, and to get my conversation with him on the public record as soon as possible in case I need to take any kind of action against him once his copied game comes out. I also wanted to let those who were defending him earlier in this thread know that what he did before was not an isolated incident, but that he's continuing in his old ways, and apparently still thinks that there’s nothing wrong with what he’s doing.

So, here’s the story: I just purchased exclusive rights to a game called Busy Burger to feature on my site. Within around 30-45 minutes of posting the game on my site, I got an IM from Sean (aka Incka aka Generalissimo aka Managing Director, Incka, Ltd.) basically stating "I had spoken with the author about buying that game too but the author wanted too much money, so I’ve hired someone else to develop a copy of it for cheaper. I did this before I knew that you licensed the game, so that makes it OK. I'll be releasing my copy soon. Just wanted to let you know." (I’m paraphrasing, of course.) Apparently he hired a Flash developer to make a copy of this game in much the same way that he previously asked a web designer for a copy of Chris’s literature site as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Here’s the log of the IM conversation:
    Sean Spurr. says:
    oh my, you'll never believe this
    John West says:
    What's that?
    Sean Spurr. says:
    i've got a guy making a game exactly like busy burger and he's been making it for me for over a monht now
    John West says:
    So you requested that he make an exact copy of Busy Burger?
    Sean Spurr. says:
    yes, before you licensed it

Sean Spurr. says:
    months ago
    Sean Spurr. says:
    the guy who made busy burger made splat em
    Sean Spurr. says:
    but he was asking too much for busy burger
    John West says:
    That's still not cool. Even if I hadn't licensed it you were asking for a copy of Yanuar's original game.
    Sean Spurr. says:
    so? theres been games like that for years
    John West says:
    I thought you knew better than that.
    Sean Spurr. says:
    its not original
    Sean Spurr. says:
    and mine isnt an exact copy
    John West says:
    I certainly hope not.
    Sean Spurr. says:
    its got lots of different food items and its different
    Sean Spurr. says:
    but its strange that you licensed it
    Sean Spurr. says:
    i asked him to license it a few month ago, but he siad something liek $**** and thats far too high
    Sean Spurr. says:
    so i got aqeel to make one for just $***
    John West says:
    I would encourage you to make sure that your game doesn't copy any aspect of the graphics or gameplay of Busy Burger too closely.
    John West says:
    I understand that there are other games of this type around...
    John West says:
    But you and I both know the difference between a game of the same genre and a game that copies the original gameplay aspects of Busy Burger.
    Sean Spurr. says:
    dont worry, i told him loads of things to do to it that makes it far better
    Sean Spurr. says:
    theres one where you run a mc donalds thats on the mcdonalds.nl site
    Sean Spurr. says:
    it's a bit different
    John West says:
    I guess we'll see how close it is when the game comes out, but I'd advise you to make sure that it's quite a bit different.

This is pretty sad… If you’re going to pay someone to write a game for you, why not base it on an original idea? Same thing with paying someone to design a website. If you’re paying for a designer, why not get a 100% original layout?
    Last edited by Westech; 08-23-2005 at 03:14 PM.

My guess would be he is doing all of the design work himself but he is not creative enough to do his own stuff...

Gimme Fries with that!
    Wow Westech that totally seems legit and up and up to me.

Gimme Fries with that!
    Hey Westech I hired a designer to make me a new site.. its going to be a gaming site, I didnt specify flash gaming , but it might end up being a flash game site. I told him I liked your website, gaming and apes. So he got me a sweet new site, crazyapegames.com

I think im going to put flash games on it, oh and could you send me your logo in a layered psd file so i could give it to my designer to make me a logo similar but not copied?

If any of it is the same its not my fault its my lieing cheating designers fault. I would give you his info but he doesnt have internet access, so I cant.

Yes I am harassing westech, cause as his buddy its my JOB. Not attacking anyone.. just poking fun at my budddy.

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    What a coincidence, I just saw your post and registered apecrazygames.com

Registered
    Hi, I'm the author of the game Busy Burger. We're at IPlayAllDay Studio has always try to create good games with high quality so that any webmaster who licenses it can get games worth their value.
    There are few people who bid on our games and we do not disclose any informations regarding them. Basically, as a business entity, we always go with deals that benefits us and our clients the most.

I do not know what's my fault with Sean Spurr so that he said foul things about me and harash one of my client except that he did bid on one of my game few months ago which I refused and later after westech have closed the deal.
    We never use webmaster's propositions to get more money by counter-offering to other webmasters, in this case, it's just a matter of time.

Anyway, we never thought competitions are bad. Competitions ensure us to make better games more and more. We never worry about people stealing our ideas since there's a lot more between "ideas" and "the actual finished game".
    If you take a look at newgrounds, people there love my game and gave high rank. You can't have that for $***

Thank you
    Fun web games for all!
    www.iplayallday.com

Chronic Entrepreneur
    Hey, Yanuar. I'm sorry you were dragged into this. I'd just like to take this opportunity to tell everyone here that my dealings with Yanuar's company went very smoothly and he was extremely professional every step of the way. I would do definitely do business with IPlayAllDay Studio again.

Quote Originally Posted by yanuart
    Anyway, we never thought competitions are bad. Competitions ensure us to make better games more and more. We never worry about people stealing our ideas since there's a lot more between "ideas" and "the actual finished game".
    That's a good way of looking at it. I guess it just upset me when Sean told me directly that he had hired someoone to make an exact copy of Busy Burger. I guess I should just relax and only worry about it when/if the clone game comes out. It could turn out to be nothing like Busy Burger, and unless he has an amazing developer working on it it won't turn out half as good.

Quote Originally Posted by yanuart
    If you take a look at newgrounds, people there love my game and gave high rank. You can't have that for $***
    I agree 100%

Gimme Fries with that!
    hey Yanuart I dig your site and your games.. very creative stuff. And James you stole my domain? DAMN YOU!!!! DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!