Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Who Says AWS is Dead?

"Out of the closet geek" wrigh_g's Avatar
    Chris what are you 30? picking on a kid who is what 15? thats just not right... So what if he copies stuff, hes 15. On a side note lets look at the IT industry as a whole. Apple copyed some of Microsoft Ideas from Windows Vista, and released them before microsoft. Apple brought out the IPOD, suddenly loads of companies bring out an IPOD simular music player.

Leave sean alone, and as for the PageRank thing why are you picking sean out, most of the other memebers do the same thing. Also, so what if he uses your ideas? its called competition. Competition is good, its makes things better, plus you should be happy that he looks up to you.

If you flame me your just childish people.

Lol, great microsoft comparison, reminds me of the movie 'Pirates of Silicon Valley'

Chris, unless you are going to be hegemonic you must stick to the principals of universiality, and therefore add all publishers who have ever made a site similar enough to what I did to this category.

"Out of the closet geek" wrigh_g's Avatar
    Quick Note: How in the world are people posting a few mins in the future????

Sean, it would be so much more acceptable if you were to be humble and admit to a few things.. just a few! The fact that you deny most of the things with regards to the literature sites is very disheartening for me.

Maybe a thank you? or "Yes when I was first starting out I was going to copy a lot of your public domain ideas, but now I've only done the literature site."

Chris has made some great points. The literature site for example. He's right, if you put your time towards something else it would be much so much more productive. The mirrored literature sites business is done. I guess unless you owned a .com and advertised it on the History Channel and A&E, then maybe you could branch off and be successful. But I don't get that feeling from you that that's happening in the near future.

In the end, it is obvious you were going to copy many ideas from Chris including the survival site. As time went on, this may have changed. Your denial is what makes this so dramatic and even makes my blood pressure rise.
    Kyle

When re-reading the thread again, it bothers me more than as issues were "beaten" out of Sean, he then started to admit to things. Like the design resembling Chris. Especially the post from DesignOutpost.
    Kyle

Yes, I had planned to make millions of websites including a lot of ones that would compete with Chris', I had the idea of being like Rupert Murdoch of the web, who would have a site in every consievable market. When the .infos were free I bought a lot of them from a large range of topics, some were in the same market as Chris', most were not, I don't think I've actually made a single one of these .infos into a site. Yes, my literature site does have a lot of similarities to Chris', but so do a lot of literature sites and that is the best way of doing it, I'm not going to make something in a worse style or layout just because I post of a forum with someone of a style that isn't a world away.

There is nothing wrong with being inspired by someone, but to copy a site to the extent that it looks like the work of the same designer using the same backend, that isn't inspiration thats imitation.

Chris what are you 30? picking on a kid who is what 15? thats just not right... So what if he copies stuff, hes 15.
    Age is no excuse for his arrogance and his disrespect for the work of others. And if you think this is about competition you obviously haven't read the whole thread.

Honestly if you don't like how I run things here, there are other forums you can visit. I'm trying to build a community for mature adult website publishers who do not rip each other off and then arrogantly brag about how their's is unique and or better.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

In my opinion (and I don't mean to speak for Chris), if your denial and arrogance wasn't so strong at first, and you were a little more honest and a little less defensive, Chris would have handled the situation differently.
    Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by icebane
    When re-reading the thread again, it bothers me more than as issues were "beaten" out of Sean, he then started to admit to things. Like the design resembling Chris. Especially the post from DesignOutpost.

When re-reading threads you often get a different view on things, I do it sometimes. Let's just leave this thread at this: Me and Chris obviously are not friendly towards each other. We both have literature sites, Chris has a had a literature site longer, I took a lot of inspiration and ideas from it as did freelancers working for me, I plan to make my literature site a lot different than Chris' by adding a lot of works he doesn't have and a few features he doesn't have. Chris has removed my PM rights. This could be an accident or it could be a way of trying to make me loose business that I may do via PM, only he knows.

Quote Originally Posted by wrigh_g
    Chris what are you 30? picking on a kid who is what 15?
    He doesn't act like a 15 year old. And obviously his parents forgot to teach him some morales here.... so this situation is important for Sean.
    Kyle

In my opinion (and I don't mean to speak for Chris), if your denial and arrogance wasn't so strong at first, and you were a little more honest and a little less defensive, Chris would have handled the situation differently.

I expect that you are correct here. I am obviously too interested in politics and spend too much time watching westminster and problems like Yes, Minister, and therefore have started acting like politicians. My appologies for my arrogance and part-truths.

He doesn't act like a 15 year old. And obviously his parents forgot to teach him some morales here.... so this situation is important for Sean.
    I have morals in some aspects of life, but not in others. I feel business is an immoral zone, that is one reason why my political views are so far left wing, because in business you must be immoral (even if you paint a facade of being moral). In other aspects of life I am very moral. I donate a lot of money to charity, I am a Vegan, I am non-violent, etc.

You don't have to be immoral, especially in the field we're in....I'm sorry those are your views.
    Kyle

Have you ever read the book called 'The Corporation'. Legally companies have one purpose which overrides everything else - To make the highest profit for their shareholders as possible. So in effect being moral at the cost of potential earnings would be illegal.