Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SE spammers using blogs

dalecom: I think he's basically pissed that he's not making the big bucks anymore - and its all his own doing; his modification of Mr Rat's AWS script brought in a bunch of people looking to make money (including me!), so his own (low-quality) AWS sites suffered.

Personally, I love AWS - it adds $100+ to my bottom line every month at the moment. Not big bikkies, but it's nice change

As to the original topic: comment spam is crap; even more crap are the 'splogs' that I keep hearing about; Blogs which rip other's content into an actual standalone blog, simply to get SE listings and ad revenue. Baaaa.
    Stepping On Wires - the new blog

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    Speaking of comment spam: I used to have to manually delete so many damn posts, clicking the radio button to "delete" for each and every one of them. Then I upgraded to WordPress 1.5. If you're not using the latest version of WordPress, I suggest you do, because it seems to catch all comment spam, and allows mass selection of "spam" so all it takes is a quick browse.

Nintendo's still not back round here again. Maybe he's putting time into making sites that aren't just Mr. Rat's script thrown up with 30 different domain names and the same horrible and ugly layout?

Website Developer
    There is a keyword ban list you can use for WP too. If someone uses the word, the comment automatically get delted. I've been getting some wierd comment spam recently, with links to places like apple.com.
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

Yes, Wordpress 1.5 is neat. If only they'd release an official multi-blog system.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter
    I imagine SE spamming could be a big benefit to Google. They can ban the domains from their listings, but if Yahoo & MSN its a win win situation.
    I am experiencing some keyword competition from legitimate blogs on yahoo, but they don't rank high on google. There needs to be a way to filter out blogs because the name of the blog linked to from 500 other blogs can get a big boost, even though it is not what the user would be looking for.

Nintendo will be here

Angry

er AWS is dead!!!! Blarg!!!!! Any one want to guess how much I made last month from Amazon??!! Grrrrrrrr!!!!!

I've dumped about 10-15 datafeed domains (Mostly Overstock.). It took me a little while...five years... to register again that content is king once you mess up and generate a billion competition sites. Grrrrr!!!!! So the newest sites I've been making are.....content.

I made an ebay store script and you can bet I'm not going to try selling very many of those!!!! As soon as I got my first sign-up, my brain registered...Moron, what are you doing!!!!???? Don't you remember what happened after you started giving out that Amazon mod_rewrite hack??!!! Stup up about it!! Sheese!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator
    always enjoy what he has to say.
    LOL!! Did you nominate me for Entrepreneur of da Year over at that other place??!! There's a LOT of people who know way more than me in affiliate stuff. If any one should get that Award, it's Chris!!! The last time I had a year making around $100,000 was in 2000!!!

Hi Nintendo !!!

Miss me!!

Grrrr!!! So far this quarter I've made $97.20 from Amazon!!

You expected AWS to earn you a noteable income for ever?
    New website released. ya rly!

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo
    er AWS is dead!!!! Blarg!!!!! Any one want to guess how much I made last month from Amazon??!! Grrrrrrrr!!!!!

I've dumped about 10-15 datafeed domains (Mostly Overstock.). It took me a little while...five years... to register again that content is king once you mess up and generate a billion competition sites. Grrrrr!!!!! So the newest sites I've been making are.....content.

I made an ebay store script and you can bet I'm not going to try selling very many of those!!!! As soon as I got my first sign-up, my brain registered...Moron, what are you doing!!!!???? Don't you remember what happened after you started giving out that Amazon mod_rewrite hack??!!! Stup up about it!! Sheese!!!!

LOL!! Did you nominate me for Entrepreneur of da Year over at that other place??!! There's a LOT of people who know way more than me in affiliate stuff. If any one should get that Award, it's Chris!!! The last time I had a year making around $100,000 was in 2000!!!
    OMG a post from Nintendo without any of those annoying icons.

Bugger .... I just ruined it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB
    Yes, Wordpress 1.5 is neat. If only they'd release an official multi-blog system.
    Yeah, me too! I'm trying to hack up a multi-blog version of wordpress right now for a site I'm working on. By the time I've finished it, they'll probably release an official version!

Just an update for people interested in multi-user blogs...

http://www.invisionpower.com/ip.dyna...log/index.html

Looks pretty cool, especially if you alreay have an IPB forum!

Registered

Questioning Adsense

I think this activity, and Google's failure to crack down on it, brings the whole rationale for Adsense into question.

As a pay per click user I always untick the "content" box.

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    While the websites may not be very good, there's still the chance that they'll convert for you.

Nonetheless, I'm sure that Google's working on it. I'm sure that people don't mind having their ads on quality sites like weblogsInc.