Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Explosions in London

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    I guess it's just that it kinda got worn thin by the speeches is what I was trying to say.

a woman was saying how she was chasing after a bus trying to get a ride just before it blew up!
    Wow, talk about lucky...

The company she works for doesn't care about their employees. At the time of the 9/11 attacks, the Canary Wharf complex in London (which has huge tall towers too, like the WTC (tho not as tall)) were evacuated - except for the branch of my wife's company! They stayed open the entire time, you know, in case anyone wanted to buy a camera during the chaos...!
    Ah, didn't catch that last time I read through. That's horrible and disgusting of the company. Personally, I'd just leave the store (not quit, just evacuate like the rest of the people.)

I'm glad that there hasen't been any further chaos...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutter
    I caught this on CNN International this morning, a woman was saying how she was chasing after a bus trying to get a ride just before it blew up!
    That sounds like Final Destination, wasn't her turn but you know death!

Have to say I am very impressed at the rapid progress the police have made: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4676577.stm

I'm hoping they find everyone involved in this country quickly, like they seem to be doing, so they don't have an excuse to invade another country.
    Sean Spurr. Incka Media.
    £49 Link Building Service

Isn't it nice how civilized we are nowadays? We actually need "excuses" to invade places.

My wife's store was evacuated on Monday because some idiot left their bag in the store, and so the store had to assume it was a bomb (do YOU wanna check it first?). Damn stupid people - you'd think 30 years of the IRA would give people a clue, but I guess not!

Multiple bomb scares the past week, and all because of people not looking after their luggage or shopping bags. Hmmph.
    Stepping On Wires - the new blog

Yeah, that's pretty careless of them to do.

And now it's happening again (although much smaller in scale; only blasting caps this time, or something)

Shoot 'em* all, I say >(

(*Islamic extremists)
    Stepping On Wires - the new blog

From the personal accounts I've heard on the BBC it seems at least one of the people carrying rucksacks that exploded (if you can call it that) was English and white. Not that that means they can't be an Islamic extremist, but it seems less likely in this case.

Doesn't seem like anyone's badly injured which is good. Though, these little explosions almost seem like warnings, as if to say "we still here" kind of thing, which is worrying. I just hope that this don't continue into one long bombing campaign. That was my main concern after the first load of explosions.