Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Explosions in London

Explosions in London

First reported as power surges on the underground, but a bus (reportedly THREE buses) has exploded now too. Holy ****.
    Stepping On Wires - the new blog

Yep another stupid terrorist attack ala Madrid. I hope all our London friends are safe.

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    Oh my god....
    http://www.eitb24.com/noticia_en.php?id=74075
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...&refer=germany

Who do you think it is? Not because of the Olympics, I'm sure, but that's the only thing I can think of that London's been in the news for... there's also speculation it's related to G8 in Scotland...which doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense to me, but either does bombing busses. Power surge? Bull**** to that.

I'm sickened 1/2 the news articles I'm reading are just concerned about how it's effecting the ****ing stock market. You have to be ****ing kidding me.

Stay away from any populated areas, and keep away from any public transport methods.

-------------------------
    [edit]
    Maybe people pissed off about the ID card thing?
    After all, like was mentioned in Sean's thread: this'd effect criminals primarily.

They've found bombs, reportedly 3 buses have been blown up. Incka was saying on MSN it's the government doing it, which is just plain retarded (seriously Sean, grow up).

My wife is in central london (Oxford St) - her work is refusing to close, and a lot of her customers (especially tourists) are unaware of what's happening. It's just mad.

From AP news and surprisingly fox saying it partly could be an attack on an Israeli finance minister.

Some Israeli news have even said he was forwarned: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=85346
    Last edited by Generalissimo; 07-07-2005 at 04:09 AM.
    Sean Spurr. Incka Media.
    £49 Link Building Service

James, I've been calling her store whenever I hear anything new. Everyone there knows what's going on (they're not far from Russel Square, where (one of) the bus blew up, so she's obviously frightened.

The company she works for doesn't care about their employees. At the time of the 9/11 attacks, the Canary Wharf complex in London (which has huge tall towers too, like the WTC (tho not as tall)) were evacuated - except for the branch of my wife's company! They stayed open the entire time, you know, in case anyone wanted to buy a camera during the chaos...!

I don't really allow political discussion. I'm so tempted to correct some people here too but I won't because its not allowed.

Discuss the bombings, but no foreign policy discussion.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

I just hope the G8 do a lot to end poverty, as this will help stops future attacks more than all the anti-terrorism measures that I'm sure will come out of this.
    You really think that will make a difference to the organisations that do this kind of thing? Not a chance. These bombs were most likely timed to disrupt the G8 meeting. If they actually care about ending poverty, do you honestly think that adds up?

And as for our own government being directly responsible, as Mark rightly says - grow up. I know you're very opinionated, and that's a good thing, but you need to learn to think before you speak - particularly at times like this.

Because of the G8 thing a lot of the police are up in Scotland... meaning that it will cause even more chaos by planting the bombs now. That's why they've done it now imho.
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

Mark I think you need to start planning how to get her home given that public transport will be offline probably for quite a while. Maybe send a taxi from outside the city? Plus "chuck a sickie" tomorrow and go and do something different together to help get over the trauma.

This is a very unfortunate occurance. Especially for it to happen in such a great city after a time of jubilation and for the innocent people that have to deal with this. It hits close to home some how, more so then other attacks did.

London did and is handling it's self very well from what I can see...

40 killed, omg. That is much worse then originally reported. This is truly a tragedy. http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/london_bombings

Hopefully that article is a inaccurate, because this one reads two people have been killed: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

Confirmed at least 30 people now, 20-ish on one train alone.