Thread: Google, next project, etc.

Site Contributor

Google, next project, etc.

Several issues.

I was in Google after my website was up 2 days. I submitted manually and boom, it was there. That was 2 weeks ago. About a week ago I submitted again and I'm still not in. Should I worry or what's the story on this? When does Google update?

Secondly, the project that I'm currently working on (wirelessphonereviews.com) is already extremely successful and I'm not even done (nor am I in any major engines). I plan to be done within the next few weeks, but when I do, I want to immediately start on something else

I want to create several revenue streams...

Some ideas of mine: golf site (golf courses, reviewing gear, etc.), mens health (exercises, articles, vitamin sales, etc.), or a travel website (I live near Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, an EXTREMELY popular tourist town).

My question: Would any of these ideas be profitable?

Site Contributor
    Oh my god - I searched on wordtracker.com for "myrtle beach," and obviously, it is VERY popular. And, this isn't even tourist season. There were a combination of "myrtle beach" searches, such as "myrtle beach resorts, myrtle beach hotels, etc." Tens of thousands, and, as I said, it isn't even tourist season.

I searched for Myrtle Beach in Google and came up with quite a bit of results, but nothing I can't get past. Mediocre websites, hard to navigate, ugly, only wanting to make a buck. Granted, that's my idea, as is it theres, but I would make it much better.

How does this sound? What kind of advertising would go well on the site? AdSense? What exactly would go on a site like this?

When you say your other site (first site) is extremely popular, care to quote any figures? I'd just be interested to know how it's going.

I think the ideas for your other sites are great. They're certainly money spinners. Considering where you live, I would say the travel site would be the best to start with.

Remember that popularity of travel sites may actually grow because it's out of season... People are looking to book up holidays for the next season

Charleston, South Carolina is a big tourist town too. I think that AdSense would be a good choice.

Site Contributor
    Nah, Myrtle Beach is the MOST searched beach location according to Wordtracker. I'm definitely going for Myrtle Beach.