Thread: Review: Template Monster Affiliate Program

Review: Template Monster Affiliate Program

Template Monster is one of the most popular template selling businesses on the Internet, they also have a killer affiliate program. Their program is extremely popular with webmasters and there are so many people promoting it that the field is quite crowded, however due to the features and rates they give you it makes this program a great choice for passive income creation.

The best part about the program is the commission, 20%. Also, to differentiate yourself Template Monster allows you to mark down your templates and have it come out of your commission. So you could sell Template Monster's templates for 10% off and receive 10% commission on it. Also, just by being a member, you can get 20% off all templates you buy from them.

As far as implementation tools go, I often say Amazon.com has the best implementation tools of any affiliate program I know, I would have to say that Template Monster is right up there though. In addition to standard banners and links they have very effective and easy to use tools for making an interactive datafeed-like website displaying their entire inventory, or just to display a handful of templates dynamically much like Amazon.com's "Recommends" links. If those options are still too hard for you though, they also provide ready made affiliate shops, basically you just upload those and you're good to go.

I made a simple Template Monster datafeed-type site a few years ago. With nothing but standard promotion methods, and probably most importantly a signature link in my signature at webmaster forums, I have managed to make around $300 a year off of it. This doesn't seem like much, but when you consider it was less than 4 hours of work to get the site going and that my only cost is the domain, which is cheap, that's a good deal of passive income.

However, the people who will have the most success promoting Template Monster will be those who run webmaster related sites.

The own downside is the payment options. Template Monster has somewhat of a shady past, they were kicked out of PayPal. They offer payment by direct deposit and wire transfers, but its hard, for me atleast, to trust them with my bank information. They also offer payment via MoneyBookers and check, which are more reasonable. I'm sure I'm just a little over cautious, they are a large company and it would behoove them to be as legit as possible. Still, its a minor issue and I fully recommend their program to everyone.

Originally posted at: http://www.websitepublisher.net/arti...plate-monster/

Join Template Monster's Affiliate Program. (This link will give Website Publisher credit for your referral).
    Write a Review on Template Monster's templates.
    Shop at Template Monster for templates.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Registered
    Chris,

What can they do with your bank information? They are restricted to just deposit so isn't it safe?

Someone with your bank account number and name could conceivably withdraw cash as well.

Registered
    I guess a cheque would be the safest bet then, I never realized that a direct deposite might be potentially dangerous.

Normally it wouldn't be, but when you consider the company it gives me pause. They were kicked out of paypal, and they've also somewhat had a old-west style war going on against boxedart. They've been DDOS'd a few times, hacking attempts, etc.

I think they were kicked out of paypal as they sold adult templates, which paypal didn't like...
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

Registered
    Reasons to Join

* Registration and participation are FREE!
    * Earn 20% commission (10-50$ per sale on average).
    * All products have great market value. Each 60th targeted visitor makes a purchase, according to our statistics.
    * Start earning money immediately after registration!
    * If someone comes through your affiliate link and leaves our site without a purchase you will still earn your affiliate fee if this visitor buys our products at a later date.
    * Sell templates under your own brand.
    * Display template catalogs on your site through dynamic interfaces.
    * We take care of everything billing, delivery, anti-fraud protection, and customer service.
    * You may withdraw your commission earnings whenever your balance reaches $100.
    ________
    Toys Webcams
    Last edited by Marshal; 04-23-2011 at 12:35 PM.

In my opinion, the fact that a merchant got penalized by PayPal does not necessarily mean much.

If you ask me, PayPal is one of the most annoying companies one can get involved with. They kicked me out 2 times (for 2 different sites) for no reason at all, except that they didn't like my sites. On one of my sites they were accusing me of running a criminal organization, although my site clearly states that it is a parody. I had a PayPal donate button. On my other site they were accusing me of running a get-rich-quick scheme, but my site was only offering information on how to protect yourself against con artists. This was clearly stated from the very first page on my site and anyone that actually took the trouble to read one or two sentences would have no trouble understanding that. However, they just banned me.

Also, merchants have absolutely no protection through PayPal. YouTube is full of videos posted by frustrated merchants that had bad experiences with PayPal. PayPal is just a big conservative bully and when they decide to kick you out you have not way to talk to any reasonable person over there that will actually listen.

I still use them for some other sites, but to be honest I wish I didn't have to deal with them. But people like to send PayPal payments.

Regarding bank account information. Your checking account number and name are one ever check that you write. Also, if you deposit a check through your account your account number will be on the cancelled check. This means that whoever sends you a check or receives a check from you will have both of these pieces of information.

It is always good to be careful, but it is impossible to tell which company will cheat you. Even the biggest companies have a history of cheating their customers.

If you want to protect yourself one good option is to open a separate checking account just for these deposits. Once the deposit is on your account, you can withdraw the money and transfer it to your personal (or business) account. Many banks offer free and/or no-fee checking accounts, nowadays. Having a separate checking account for these deposits is a bit more paperwork, but in my opinion it's worth it, if you want to have a piece of mind.

Registered
    Template Monster Affiliate Program is really trustable program to earn money .Now a days there is fast need for Templates and can be easily sale to go on different websites .I want to join your suggest program for make money .Thanks for inform .