Thread: Tried Everything cant seem to increase my traffic

Junior Registered

Tried Everything cant seem to increase my traffic

ok been almost 6 months before launching my site, and i have tried almost everything (white hat only) and still get no vistiors to my site.

1) Tried Submitting articles: I have wrote several articles and have submitted to various ezines online, but most of the websites where my articles are published are scrappers or sites which employ technique as not to pass out the PR to my website.
    2) Tried emailing my niche competitor websites: I have tried emailing my niche group but most of these websites are heavy weights (pr 6 and above with strong backlinks) and wont care to link or exchange links with me.
    3) Tried sending Press releases, but nothing from that another $120 wasted.
    4) Word of mouth and real world advertising, didnt work at all, most people have a hard time remebering URLs.
    5) Directory submission: Still waiting to get into Dmoz but most of the directories that i am in are just for PR boost, dont except any real customers to come from here.

could anyone suggest something?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by randy69
    ok been almost 6 months before launching my site, and i have tried almost everything (white hat only) and still get no vistiors to my site.
    What type of site is it? Could you tell us the URL?

A.
    Instant PR Email Marketing.
    Manages mailing lists and sends newsletters.
    EEE PC Support

Increase your content?
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Like Chris said. Traffic seems to come with content, it's not just about marketing. Perhaps you are aiming at a too competitive keyword. If the top sites are PR6 you've got no chance, try one with less competition. Maybe do link exchanges with sites that are slightly different, say if your site is on the Southbeach Diet, link exchange with a Weight Loss site, for the visitors are interested in the same thing (sorry for using you as an example Chromate).
    Sean Spurr. Incka Media.
    £49 Link Building Service

That's find Sean. Though, it seems to be getting harder and harder to get decent amounts of traffic from search engines.

As has been said, write lots of small articles targetted to less popular keywords.

Top Tip! ... Many people SEO'ing STILL seem to focus on one or two keywords and don't bother with the rest. If you have 50 short pages bringing in 20 uniques a day, then that's 1000 uniques. Write a page a day and it'll only take you a little over a month and a half. Quite often this is easier than focusing on only one keyphrase that would bring in the same traffic - and could possibly take you YEARS to get a good ranking on.

Using me as an example again... After two years, I'm still getting nowhere with a main keyphrase, "dating services". It's just too competitive.

You might wanna try PPC marketing if you're promoting something that will give you a return. This is what I've been trying to get into recently. The results are immediate, so no waiting around for months like with SEO. However, it seems to be a real art and you will almost certainly lose money until you find something that works. I've made affiliate sales through my sites for quite a while now, but doing it via PPC successfully is a whole new ball game. I've lost hundreds so far!! Spending money to make money is certainly not for everyone. If you can do it without having to advertise, obviously that's best. But I'm just starting to make it back now and hopefully it will be profitable for some time to come so I'm not so dependant on SE rankings.
    Last edited by chromate; 06-13-2005 at 10:06 AM.

Website Developer
    You may not want to tell us your url (but it would really help.) However, we could use some more information:

-General catagory? ie: medical, loans, male enhancement, etc
    -Targetted KWs
    -# of pages on your site
    -Do you mean literly no one is visiting your site, or are you getting 10 or 15 hits a day

The more details you give us the more we can help you. If you don't want to make them public PM one, or all, of us.
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

Registered
    I don't think 6 months is all that long in the grand scheme of things. I would recommend starting another 2-3 sites as well that are of similar topics, and thereby create a small network. This will increase your chances of getting traffic. I think you also need to re-examine link exchanges. Surely, there are some sites that would exchange links.

4x4
    You may have a 100 pages or 1000 but you need to get your site out there. Forum posts, link exchanges, etc are all good ways. I find it hard to believe NO ONE would link exchange with you? Maybe your goals are to high and you should go after lower ranked sites to trade links with... it'll be better than 0.

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    Having "Billy's Gaming Page" with 3 pages saying you love Pokemon won't get you a link exchange with Imagine Games Network--oh, wait, it's IGN now, isn't it :P

I'm not saying that that's what you have, but like ToddW said, it could be a possibility that you're shooting too high with who you're exchanging links to.

You can't really start getting link exchanges until you've started getting at least something as small as 50 visitors per day (20 if you're persuasive). It just doesn't really happen for some reason. So like mentioned above: post in on-topic forums with your signature linking to your site, submit to directories, do everything you can without link exchanges that can give you easy links to your sites (NOT Free For All Links sites!) and that'll help you get links, and then when you can start getting links, those links'll get you more traffic, which you can use to encourage more links, etc.

www.linkmetro.com should help with link exchanges.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Increase your content?
    But, but that would require me to work

Why would Randy69 working require you to work?

maybe they are one in the same. maybe he was too embaressed to ask such a question with his real user or something...

No it's was just a joke. Must have been a bad joke because nobody got it. Randy69 working is no problem for me, but if I put more content on my sites that would be work for me.

Ah, I see.

Should have put myself in your shoes as you put yourself in his