Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much do you spend?

4x4

How much do you spend?

I`m curious as to how much everyone spends for advertising their site(s) per-month. This could include PPC, text links, banners, etc... Also if you advertise for more than one site maybe post how many site(s) you are advertising for. This will give us a better idea of how much it breaks down per-site..

I spend around $1000 a month for PPC, Text links, and banners and it's always going up.

Spend? Um, does that including getting games made with my links on that I give to webmasters? If so about $500, if not, about $0.

Does it pay off buying all those ads?
    Sean Spurr. Incka Media.
    £49 Link Building Service

I hear ad traffic is much more stable then search engine traffic.

Well yeah, because you're paying for it so can be assured it will at least be seen. Whether it's better quality traffic is debatable.

I spend about $60 a month now on advertising Discount Plasma on AdWords and Yahoo/Overture. I really should do some proper analysing, but seem to sell more plasmas when advertising, even with minimal difference in traffic levels. I.e. purchased traffic seems higher quality.

This is an interesting thread. I've recently started paying for PPC ads to promote various affiliate progs. I've only just started doing this, so the ROI isn't that great. Sometimes I don't even get a return. It's a learning experience.

I hope to eventually build some solid PPC campaigns so I don't have to rely on organic search engine traffic.

4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by ASP-Hosting.ca
    I don't think it is important how much you spend. What is important is your ROI .
    True! However, I was just curious what everyone was spending per-month not what they were profiting or what their returns were...

4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshield
    I hear ad traffic is much more stable then search engine traffic.
    Of course! If you advertise with a PPC program such as adwords or searchfeed and maintain similiar rankings based on your spendings your results will typically stay consistent with a slight deviation each day.

4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by chromate
    This is an interesting thread. I've recently started paying for PPC ads to promote various affiliate progs. I've only just started doing this, so the ROI isn't that great. Sometimes I don't even get a return. It's a learning experience.

I hope to eventually build some solid PPC campaigns so I don't have to rely on organic search engine traffic.
    I`m still expirementing with PPC and affiliate programs too. I think it's a never ending expirement, and once you find something that 'works' you move onto something else to play with until it works..etc..etc..

Perhaps I should start, of course I am going to buy advertising for my online shop when I finally take the leap and buy a buch of projectors (I've only had my own a few days, but it's bloody brilliant, they are so gonna replace big-screen TVs)...
    Sean Spurr. Incka Media.

Heh... projectors will never place TVs. No matter how high quality it is they are affected by ambient light which drastically hurts their functionality.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Heh... projectors will never place TVs. No matter how high quality it is they are affected by ambient light which drastically hurts their functionality.
    That and you may have room for a big screen but not enough open or flat wall for a projector.

I have my projector on top of a 3 foot filing cabinet, you can always find space for one.

I see Chris' point about light getting in the way, reading text off one isn't the best (but I am doing it as I post this so)...
    Sean Spurr. Incka Media.

4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    I have my projector on top of a 3 foot filing cabinet, you can always find space for one.

I see Chris' point about light getting in the way, reading text off one isn't the best (but I am doing it as I post this so)...
    I`m talking about the area the projector projects onto... I have room in the corner for my 55" big screen it's angled facing the couch. I do NOT have room for a picture to be projected in the same area. Projectors work good for presentations, tradeshows, and in-house theatres but wont be replacing TVs until more houses come made to take advantage of them, and even then you need a complete stereo system since the sound from a projector sucks.