Thread: Thank you Chris

Smile Thank you Chris

My boyfriend is a fan of sitepoint and webpublisher. Last 3 years he found sitepoint website and got interested in a SEO business. I have no idea what SEO is until he started talking about it day and night.

He was working full time for a company but spent half of the time reading site point when he's unassigned. He worked full time from 9am-6pm, had dinner, took a nap, then spent all his time reading SEO postings until 4am in the morning. He complained that he felt so sleepy at work due to lack of sleep. He did it for almost 1 year and that was certainly his typicall weekdays routine. During that time he started a website which earned him USD$1000/month.

He said to me there're people who post good SEO advises but he really like Chris/Aspen's postings because he learned so much from Chris' postings. He said, being able to sort who you can learn from is very important. My boyfriend quit his job 2 years ago to spend more time doing SEOs stuffs and been creating a lot of websites. His goals 2 years ago was to create websites to get the same pay as his last job (which he did, and a lot more too). He's a lot happier, loves what he's doing. He believes in creating good quality websites (not small mass produced low quality websites which might not necessarily be a long term). When the florida update came and hit everyone, he was not affected at all. Some of his sites went down, some went up.

I started to join webpublisher because I was intrigued by the things he told me, so when I feel like slacking at work, I read web publisher forum just for fun. My boyfriend talks a lot about the people in web publisher (like Incka now generallisimo who's my favourite, Chris' future castle or castles) and what's been happening with SEOs market. Unfortunately I have no interest in doing SEOs which I believe is not for everyone.

My boyfriend's been earning really good cash and he's close to expecting a UPS soon (fingers crossed). He got 2 google radios (they're so cool!) a lot of my friends got jealous. I put one in the bathroom and the other in the computer room.

He's been diversifying his income not to rely on just adsense and some of the pay per click ads. He did a website which attracted big advertisings (like AVIS, Coca cola and other companies). His goal is not to rely so much on ad sense. This site has been doing really well. He started a business a year ago (can't tell what it is ;p), but it's legitimate. He has a lot of customers now because of his SEO skills. Every single customer he gets are all from search engine, he did not do any offline advertising. This business definetely helps him not to rely so much on ad sense and search engine, because once you get a good customer base, it's a matter of word of mouth .

Eventhough he earns good cash, he still work long hours, making more websites. He told me he learned enough SEOs, so these days, when he goes to forum, he just read for fun, and just few updates on maybe news about what's been happening with Google etc.

Sometimes I get so jealous seeing him really enjoying his job. He said he does not feel like working because he loves it so much. I believe in one thing though, nothing comes easy. You basically need to motivate yourself A LOT and You have to love it!!! He's been working hard for it and SEOs, man, it took a lot of patience!!!! One of his site did not earn him anything until 1 year later started to earn him $60/day and it's been a constant daily average too !!!!! I tried to do my own website, it's really hard because I don't have the patience and motivations. I guess SEOs are really not for everyone.

By the way, he still work 9-5 (not really hehehe...longer even), he also make friends at work (mostly online friends hehehe...) and has his own office politics with our dog since my boyfriend works from home. He has his annual office christmas party attended by him and our dog of course :-).

I still remember the day when he earned his first $3 from his affilate marketing website, We jumped up and down and thinking if we can make $3 commision selling an item, then sky is the limit

I'd like to thank Chris for being my boyfriend's inspiration. We invested the cash to good investments (including our house mortgage eventhough tempted many many times to get an M3 or M5) and invested in some business which do not rely on Search engine so much. We're leaving to a luxury private Africa holiday in September funded by SEOs income and it's tax deductable !!!. I guess if we ever get married, our wedding will also be funded by SEOs income LOL!

I wish one day he can be like Chris, working less hours and get to spend quality time with me and he gets to play cricket or tennis more. If he receives his UPS, he's thinking of sending Chris a plant of his choice for his garden hehehe....

Website publisher rocks! it definetely entertain me at work and yes I do love my job but it is definetely not comparable to my boyfriend's loves for SEOS :P

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    I'd say he's the king, so what he lives in is already a castle, albiet one that doesn't look or function anything like one.

It's just SEO. Search Engine Optimization. SEOs refers to Search Engine Optimizers, people who do it, usually for a living.

SEO also refers directly to optimizing your website to do well in Search Engines. It's one of the parts of making a website (if you expect traffic), but not the entire package deal.

(including our house mortgage eventhough tempted many many times to get an M3 or M5)
    Naw get an M4, a lot more bang for your buck. They're a little more expensive than AKs but worth it IMHO.

If he receives his UPS, he's thinking of sending Chris a plant of his choice for his garden hehehe....
    Remember that Chris' plant taste leans towards the lavish.

I don't know how you can actually go to a forum like this and not register. I visit usually at least once a day.

Aww thats sweet.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

James,

We don't live in a castle but we have a mortgage of a lovely house.

My boyfriend and I are a member of website publisher .

Any plants from Australia you fancy Chris? hehehe..

That was a good read
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

Thanks for mentioning me, my SEO kills lead something to be desired, it seems that the sites I don't try to do SEO get the most traffic from search engines, but at least I find other ways of getting traffic.

SEO to me is they long and boring too, that's why I prefer viral marketting or other ways of getting traffic, but without Chris' SEO help I would never have even tried doing viral marketting, so thanks Chris (as I've said many a time).

I'd love to own an actual castle, the only problem is there isn't many in the carribean
    Sean Spurr. Incka Media.
    £49 Link Building Service

WSP has caused me to spend more time reading forums than growing my sites, hence I'm a dismal failure. So thanks too, Chris

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    WSP has caused me to spend more time reading forums than growing my sites, hence I'm a dismal failure. So thanks too, Chris
    I've been doing that since 2001. I've been making websites since 1997. I'm still a dismal failure.

SEO, to me, isn't really too tough to do. I just don't have the habit of practicing what I know. Like Chris said, it's always sort-of been the same rules, they're practically chisseled in granite. Anything new, like PageRank, is something you don't need to visit SEO forums daily to learn about, just going to a few forums like this will do the trick, and help keep most of the theories out.

Quote Originally Posted by mini
    James,

We don't live in a castle but we have a mortgage of a lovely house.

My boyfriend and I are a member of website publisher .

Any plants from Australia you fancy Chris? hehehe..
    I think its pretty illegal to ship plant materials internationally without a license or something.

Plus, plants usually depend on climate, and Michigan is a far cry from Australia, it gets cold here. A plant that grows well in Australia is not likely to grow well for me.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

That really was a good read, certainly got me motivated!
    [FONT=Fixedsys]my blog @ toseef.com

Piniyini, wanna meet up with Mike, Gareth and myself sometime, there is 4 of us within 10 miles of each other...
    Sean Spurr. Incka Media.
    £49 Link Building Service