Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got a new camera! Digital Rebel XT

4x4

I got a new camera! Digital Rebel XT

So last month I went on a shopping spree and got a bunch of tools and a new digital camera!

I picked up the Canon Digital Rebel XT w/Kit Lens, 2 x 512mb CF Cards 10mb, and a camera case.

Here are some of the first shots I`ve taken: http://www.6ki.com/rebel/

The weather has been really crappy lately here (Northern California) so I haven't been able to go outside and get more pictures!

I`m very excited about the Camera, and the quality is amazing! I`ve found 2 lens's I`m going to be ordering here soon

Anyone else into digital photography? Post up some pictures

nice camera, great clarity in pics. awesome quality to be exact.

Banned
    That kitty is really photogenic or it must be the camera!

4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshield
    nice camera, great clarity in pics. awesome quality to be exact.
    Yep! Great for the kit lens, and on "Auto" setting

4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by lz83ny
    That kitty is really photogenic or it must be the camera!
    Really Photogenic! It just lays there and then come sto the camera to see what it is! She's a really smart cat and knows her name when you call her and she'll come! I`m allergic to cats so if it was up to me we wouldn't have one hehe

I've read good things about the Rebel. I have a Nikon D70 (as I have all Nikon lenses, so couldn't easily move over to Canon's system), which is nice - although a bit heavy when you're carrying three lenses around with it Got a new lens the other week that should cover most of the bases though.

Nice photos, btw.

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    I`m allergic to cats so if it was up to me we wouldn't have one hehe
    I'm only allergic to what cats do to furnature.

4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    I'm only allergic to what cats do to furnature.
    She's got her front claws removed

Oh no Not something I agree with, but I won't get into that here

4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkB
    Oh no Not something I agree with, but I won't get into that here
    Trust me I don't agree wtih not allowing her to go outside EVER... It's rediculous keeping an animal inside all the time ... but with no front claws she will die outside. And if it was up to me we wouldn't have one hehe

It was the front claws being removed I didn't agree with Why did she have them removed? Medical reason, or furniture preservation?

4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkB
    It was the front claws being removed I didn't agree with Why did she have them removed? Medical reason, or furniture preservation?
    I don't know it was done when she was little (still is, I think only 1.5yrs?). If I had to guess it would be since she wanted her to be an inside cat and this way she can't ruin furniture or scratch you (as bad?)... really not 100% sure... I know what you didn't agree wtih, but not having the claws also means no outside and I don't think that's fair at all. The cat lays in front of every open window she can find and alwyas trys to escape to the garage or outside!

Looks like an awsome camera ToddW! Pictures are fantastic. I'm quite into photography, but still using a darkroom I just use my girlfriend's digital camera. I'll keep the Rebel XT in mind if I do think about getting one though - that's for sure!

On a side note, I have to agree with Mark. Declawing cats is absolutely disgusting. Unfortunately, it seems to be quite common in the US. I think it's illegal here. Don't want to detract from ToddW's original thread, but a search on google quickly shows what's wrong with it. Though it's pretty obvious anyway. We have two cats, my gf's mother has 7! Neither of us has problems with scratched up furniture. Just buy a couple of scratching posts. Such a simple solution. Or of course, don't buy a cat in the first place

I'm allergic to what cat's do to wildlife! Still not a reason to start amputating bits though.

4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by chromate
    Looks like an awsome camera ToddW! Pictures are fantastic. I'm quite into photography, but still using a darkroom I just use my girlfriend's digital camera. I'll keep the Rebel XT in mind if I do think about getting one though - that's for sure!

On a side note, I have to agree with Mark. Declawing cats is absolutely disgusting. Unfortunately, it seems to be quite common in the US. I think it's illegal here. Don't want to detract from ToddW's original thread, but a search on google quickly shows what's wrong with it. Though it's pretty obvious anyway. We have two cats, my gf's mother has 7! Neither of us has problems with scratched up furniture. Just buy a couple of scratching posts. Such a simple solution. Or of course, don't buy a cat in the first place

I'm allergic to what cat's do to wildlife! Still not a reason to start amputating bits though.
    The camera is awesome for getting into digital photography! I keep telling myself not to purchase any lenses but there are 2 or 3 I keep eyeballing...

We didn't buy it, it belongs to my girlfriends sister. If I would buy an animal it would be a dog... but with all the camping, boating, and 4wheeling I do I can't leave it at home for the duration of all my trips Oh well! Someday will be the right time for my dog

Yeah, I'd prefer a dog too