Thread: Guns as an investment???

Registered

Guns as an investment???

Yes I know there is a lot to be said for collecting guns of significant historic value etc. But what about just collecting guns? Will they hold the value? Lets say you had enough money to spend $1000 a month on guns. Would you buy a bunch of guns with the idea that in the future they might appreciate? I know they will not match the stock market, but would most hold their value enough to justify having them in mass quantity?

I only ask because I know several guys who have a lot of firearms. Most of them were bought on a deal or at a cheap price that they could likely resell for more...

Registered
    While guns may retain their value, it is difficult to predict whether or not they will appreciate in value. And unless you are an expert at collecting guns, you may invest in guns that will not retain their value over time. In addition, guns require maintenance and storage, leading to more significant costs over time. Ultimately, it's important to remember that guns should never be your only investment strategy. I invest in guns and actively use Financial Planning For Doctors, and I am thrilled with it. In any case, I wish you good luck and remember that the choice is up to you.