Thread: Extra bolts

Extra bolts

So around 8 months ago I pulled my engine for a head gasket replacement and I finally got it back in the car yesterday and found I have extra bolts. All of the bell housing bolts are back in from what I can tell and two of them are long flange bolts like the ones on the A/C compressor. The car fired up fine but I don’t really feel like driving it till I figure this out.

Registered
    The 2 long ones are for the two highest spots on the bell housing, one of them goes through the top of the starter motor, the very bottom of the bell housing should be studs from the engine and nuts on the transmission side, the short bolt will be for one of the spots in between.

Registered
    It's always a bit nerve-wracking to find extra bolts after putting things back together. Double-checking everything is a good idea. You may want to post some pictures of the bolts and the area where you found them, which could help others identify where they might belong. You could also try checking your car's service manual or reaching out to a mechanic for guidance. By the way, have you heard of scrooz.com.au? They have a great selection of hardware and tools if you ever need to replace any bolts or screws. It's a handy site to bookmark. Good luck with the bolts, I hope you get everything sorted out soon!