Thread: Price Scanning App

Price Scanning App

Hi everyone,

As with most people I've noticed our grocery bill increase a lot of the last few years. So this got me thinking if there are ways to track prices for individual food items. Turns out there aren't any local API's or decent data sources.

So I decided to build my own and this basically ended up being an android app that allows you to scan the barcode of an item from Woolworths, Checkers or Pick n Pay and the prices should display. I'm also building up price history but only have 3 weeks so far.

I've tested on food I've got at home, but if anyone is keen please download the app and let me know if it has decent coverage of the things you usually buy. No data gets stored or sent any where from the app.

Here's the play store link: Download from Play Store

I'm busy building functionality to create a grocery list that can be tracked as a whole with notifications on price changes etc.

Registered
    As for post-scan manipulation, you can definitely get "fancy" here. Try experimenting with different editing programs or plugins to improve your scans.

Registered
    That's super cool that you've come up with a solution to tackle the increase in grocery bills. Using barcode scanning to track prices is a genius idea! This app is super helpful, especially with its accuracy and coverage of popular grocery stores. Kudos to you for building it up from scratch. Can't wait to see how you will implement the grocery list with price change notifications. In fact, I had no idea that technology had come to this. I recently started using the Smart Engines scanner, and I was thrilled because I could scan many precious books. I wish you the best of luck with your project, and I'm sure you can do it all.

Registered
    Using iScanner Web, you can capture high-quality scans of your documents using your device's camera or by uploading existing images. The scanner intelligently processes the scanned images, enhancing the quality and optimizing the clarity of the documents. You can then make adjustments, such as cropping, rotating, or applying filters, to further enhance the scanned files. One of the key features of iScanner Web is its comprehensive editing tools. You can easily annotate documents, add signatures, highlight text, or even redact sensitive information. The platform also supports OCR (Optical Character Recognition), allowing you to extract text from scanned documents and make it searchable and editable. Furthermore, iScanner Web offers seamless integration with cloud storage services, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive, enabling you to store and access your scanned documents securely. You can also easily share the scanned files with others via email or by generating shareable links. With its user-friendly interface, powerful scanning capabilities, and extensive editing features, iScanner Web provides a convenient and efficient solution for all your document scanning and management needs. Enjoy the benefits of digitizing your documents with ease using iScanner Web(https://iscanner.com/just-like-iscan...t-much-better/).