Thread: Travel rollator/wheelchair

Registered

Travel rollator/wheelchair

Hi everyone,
    I have secondary progressive MS and I am looking for recommendations/advice on a good rollator/wheelchair for travelling. I’ve had a couple of bad experiences using the airport assistance so thought it might be easier to travel with my own. I can currently walk short distances using walking poles but I’m ready (I think!) to embrace additional help to allow me to make the most of travelling. There are a lot to choose from so all advice greatfully received. Thank you

Registered
    Model excellent behavior, tolerance, and acceptance of others. Even if it's not true, consider the possibility that they're simply having a bad day.

Registered
    I haven't seen an OT because my GP recommended wheelchair services. Sadly, my local council has stated that they would not support an electric wheelchair if the user can take a step and will not fund a manual chair unless the user lives on a property accessible to impaired people. Without that, you can't use projects like https://www.bennyexpresstransportation.com/. Additionally, they don't have any accessible properties for anyone under 50 who is harmed. I carry furniture around my home, or if I'm awful, my partner will take me. A disabled shower that was installed has genuinely changed people's lives.