Thread: Xfinity/Comcast Cable Modem - WAN Issue

Registered

Xfinity/Comcast Cable Modem - WAN Issue

Hi guys

I have relocated to different place and they offer xfinity internet here

I have a Motorola MB7621 cable modem that works prefectly with my Wireless router BUT i need the internet to pass through Netgate 7100 When I connect the ethernet from motorola to my Netgate 7100 IU WAN port it wont receive an IP address, I tried to change the port speed from auto (common issue when dhcp doesnt work) but still it wont get an IP. link is up and should be working

in motorola modem interface there is nothing you could set, basically it shows status

maybe I need to clone the mac address of motorola modem to netgate?

Thanks 😊🙏

Registered
    You can reactivate the Xfinity hotspot.

Registered
    In case of problems related to the device - just restart it and try to connect again. You can also forget about the "xfinitywifi" network from your Wi-Fi settings and connect to it again. If that doesn't help, it's time to turn your Wi-Fi router off and on again. Unplug your hardware, wait one minute, and then plug it back in. Known as a power cycle or reboot, this method can fix many connection issues. Make sure your account is up to date for payments by going to the "Billing" tab in "My Account" (you may be asked to log in with your Xfinity ID and password first). You can find a detailed guide on the Multitechverse.