Thread: Home made hair rinse

Registered

Home made hair rinse

I'm wondering if anyone else uses vinegar water for a hair rinse to get all the soap out? This would not work on chemically treated hair. I'd be concerned how that would interact with the vinegar water.

Also, I knew a friend that worked in a salon and dyed hair. And to get the dye out of her blond hair and clothes, she made a lotion type of liquid out of vinegar and baking soda. About 1/2 and 1/2. A little water to thin it if needed. That will take out color of most everything.

Registered
    Yes, it is useful.

Registered
    It's the first time I hear someone use water with vinegar to rinse their hair to get rid of the shampoo once and for all. Well, there are many aspects to which you must pay attention. I went to NWC, which is a pretty well-known beauty college. There we also talked about such details. First, to avoid soap residue on your head, you should buy a quality shampoo and rinse your hair well without other substances. You will notice a major difference when you use quality shampoo. Apple cider vinegar balances the pH of the hair and scalp. By lowering the scalp's pH, ACV flattens and closes the hair cuticle. This makes the hair smoother and easier to detangle, shinier, less frizzy, less prone to breakage, and more hydrated, but it does not help to remove the soap from the head.