Thread: Epic Game Store download speeds - ok for you?

Epic Game Store download speeds - ok for you?

Admittedly this is 50% self-tech support here, but it's been a while since I installed a big game from the Epic store and AC Valhalla is barely breaking 200 B/s and dropping in and out. It's taken 3 hours or so to get 9 of it's 50gb.

It's Windows 10 and there are no firewall restrictions or other security nonsense. I know it isn't my connection - I just tried starting AC III Remastered downloading on Steam to test, as that's also around 50gb, and it's moving along at a steady 1.7 MB/s with no drop outs, which is about as fast as I can get where I am at the moment and is perfectly serviceable.

Also checked that Epic's throttling settings are disabled. Even tried enabling it with a high number to see if there was some sort of weirdness there, but no change.

Just wondering if anyone else is having a similar experience as you get mixed reports on this stuff when you google around.

Registered
    I had the same problem, I downloaded Spider-Man, 3GB of 20GB was downloaded in more than 2 hours, but the next day it was downloaded in half an hour, I do not know how it works

Registered
    When I bought the license key of the FIFA 22 game from https://www.cdkeysforgames.com/games/steam-games/fifa-22 / then I immediately went to EpicGames to enter this key with a visual copy of the game in order to install it instantly. At first, the download speed was small, but then it started to grow and reached 10 MB/second and I thought that this was normal. However, when my friend told me that his download speed is from 15 to 20 MB / second, I felt a little uneasy. I decided to check all the cables in my house and then checked the integrity of the router so that it normally transmits Internet speed. I hope you don't have such problems, because I managed to fix my problems only by buying a new router, since mine has become too old.