Thread: Pharmacy Career Obsolete?

Registered

Pharmacy Career Obsolete?

Just came across this. Pharmacy listed amongst the top five careers about to become obsolete due to automation:
    Pharmacy Degree
    Your prescription can be filled by a robot. That is a simple idea to grasp. More and more drugstores are turning to this idea of an automatic pick up or drop off, and there is no real need for a pharmacist in this world. Compounding is still relatively used, but as big pharmaceuticals dominate the playing field – the need for compounding will dwindle as well. Go big and become a doctor instead, as this job is very replaceable.

Registered
    Hi! Thanks for this topic, I'm interested to know the details...

Registered
    Hmm, there is logic in your words. Indeed, now robots are already capable of a lot, and humanity has already come up with much more powerful and modern things than those that we know, but the essence of the fact that progress is moving quite slowly is that all these devices are extremely expensive for mass production. I myself once studied at a medical school and I know how difficult this profession is. In order to be a doctor, you need to have a soul to understand the pain of other people. I am sure someday a robot will definitely be able to replace a doctor, but I am sure in the next 20 years it will definitely not be possible to do this.