Thread: Meds and weight loss

Meds and weight loss

I’ve been taking lexapro for depression and buspar for anxiety for almost 2 years. I am concerned that my meds are reducing my appetite and making me lose weight. I am pretty badly underweight at this point and I never feel like eating. I asked my psychiatrist and she said that it’s the depression causing the weight loss, not the meds. However, going on meds seemed to make my appetite worse, I think. Anyone ever have this problem or have suggestions?

Thanks for the information.

I was diagnosed with ADHD one year ago, and I have lost quite some weight since. When I was put on meds, my mind was blown over how much easier my life became, and how I felt about food was one of the biggest changes. I didn't lose my appetite, but I lost my crazy cravings No more impulses to snack or order delivery, which are an ordeal to overcome. No more being full but unable to stop eating because I'm already eating. This made me lose weight but also caused my face to look boney. I bought healuronic acid powder to make my face look fuller and more alive lol.

Registered
    One of the side effects of Lexapro is decreased appetite. When taking antidepressants, I saw the opposite effect. I wanted to eat food that I used to call unhealthy. Due to the constant feeling of hunger, I gained weight, and this had a bad effect on my emotional state. Yes, my mental health has long been threatened, but I've always had an iron will. I bought everything I need for sports, including a smart scale https://www.vont.com/product/smart-s...-weight-scale/ to keep track of my results. Suddenly, such activity had a positive effect on my depression. I feel much better, and my doctor noticed this during the last conversation.