Thread: Great Big Blog

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar

Great Big Blog

http://greatbigblog.com

The staff of the site can't really find any problems with the layout, atm. But I figure their point of view is likely to be biased, so I decided to post here to see what you all think. Please provide a little constructive critisism for the site, and its design.

Thanks.

nice interface, nice design. Did you make this site, it is quite large and good for a blog. Even though I don't really care for most blogs, this blog has enough content to make it interesting. As for downsides, it may be a little to big, broad. Maybe a focus would be a good idea, but with that volume of content you probably need not worry.

I really like it, a bit different from most blog sites.

However, I would try and make the date have a bit more of a gap with the first headline. Might unclutter it a little more.
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

The light blue and light grey on a white background in the bottom half of the page are quite hard to read. The blue and green at the top dont quite seem to match, looks a bit garish. All IMHO.

Have you just bought the site or something?

Nice I would increase spacing between blocks of text a bit more - right now it seems a bit bunched up.
    Stepping On Wires - the new blog

Quote Originally Posted by r2d2
    The light blue and light grey on a white background in the bottom half of the page are quite hard to read. The blue and green at the top dont quite seem to match, looks a bit garish. All IMHO.

Have you just bought the site or something?

Agreed. I love the colors, but it is too bright and too vibrant. It physically hurts my eyes to look at. I'm not saying I don't like it,becase I love the colors. It's just too bright. Something (perhaps a darker background outside the main blog area?) needs dampen how much light is projected from the screen to make it easier to read.

Trench Warfare
    The design is good. You just need to re-arrange the text a little bit.

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    Hi, actually this site has been around since mid-November, and the idea finally hit (yeah, I'm slow ) to put it up for review.

The backend of the site was done by Nathan Wong, along with the idea for the site as well. I just did the design, and like to hear objective views about my designs, so that's why I posted this thread. Oh, we both also help run it along with a 2-3 person staff.

Thanks everybody, I think I understand what you're all saying: less brightness, more spacing, easier readability.